changing Table ID

kolaboykolaboy Member Posts: 446
Hi,
I want to change a table's ID to a new ID so that the forms and report connected to table can recognize the new ID and run without errors.

For example if i change say the employee table with ID 5200 to ID 50000, the employee card writing to table with ID 5200and report picking from the employee table with ID 5200 should now write to the table with ID 50000 and reports should now pick from the new table with ID 50000 without error.
Any idea on how to do this very efficiently please.
Thanks

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    you are going to have to go into those forms and reports and make the necessary changes so they point/look at the new table.

If you have a new table why not make new forms N such instead of altering the original forms?

What's wrong with the orig table that you need to make this change?
  • kolaboykolaboy Member Posts: 446
    We have lot of forms and reports looking at the table concern. So we want a fast way of doing this.
    The way i create a new table is by making a duplicate of the old one and give it a new ID. but when i go to each form to make them look at the new ID i have error on the table relations. The form is still related to the old table. I make the form to relate to the new one but still the error exist.

the reason is our license is not giving us rights to some of the table so we want to rename the table with ID's that the license accepts.
    Thanks
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    kolaboy wrote:
    the reason is our license is not giving us rights to some of the table so we want to rename the table with ID's that the license accepts.
    Thanks

So you are doing this to gain access to program features (granules) that are not in your license (you didn't pay for them)?
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • webweb Member Posts: 102
    I am also presently facing exactly the same problem.
    I am trying to rename table ID that are not permitted by our license to ID's that are permitted.
    How can i do this very fast?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    web wrote:
    I am also presently facing exactly the same problem.
    I am trying to rename table ID that are not permitted by our license to ID's that are permitted.
    How can i do this very fast?

Are you really asking us to help you to break your license Agreement?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    There is a Compare and Renumber Tool on the Tools CD, but you got to have rights on the object to export it as txt.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."