Printing problem - text comes higher every time

ypnavypnav Member Posts: 4
Hi,

We have a problem with one of our customers. After changing the operating system of there computers from windows 98 or 2000 to windows XP they have a problem with one of there reports.

When printing several documents of this report, the text comes higher every time you print. They print this report on a Brother tractor feed printer (A4).
We tried to change the properties, sections of the report, setting the printer selections, ... but nothing helped this problem. Even when we make a blank report with only 1 label, the text becomes higher every time. Programs like Word and Excel printing to this printer don't give any problems.

We think the problem is the driver of this printer in combination with Navision but we aren't sure.

Does anyone hav seen this problem before? A solution?

Comments

• kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    I Don't know if the following is true, but you might be printing to a Generic Text printer. You might want to go to printers -> Server Properties and see the exact size of the paper (Printer Forms) that you are using for this printer. If that printer is the only one creating this problem you could create a new Form with the same size as an A4 paper and play around with the size until you get the exact one you need.
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    Could it be a font issue?
    Perhaps updating the printer drivers might help?
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • ypnavypnav Member Posts: 4
    Creating a totaly new form does not solve this problem. It stays the same.
    I'll ask them to update there printer driver. Hopefully this will help.

Thx for your suggestion. I'll let you know if it works.