Event management for collge

navsharenavshare Member Posts: 49
Hi

I am doing vertical for College management. In that I don't have any idea in event management.

Can Somebody tell me the flow where to start and what are the modules should we develop for this event management.

Waiting for ur valuable reply..

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Do you have the order from the College :?:
    Why do you not ask the College what they need for an good event management in NAV :?:
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • navsharenavshare Member Posts: 49
    no..we dont get any orders. I am Doing this with my own Interest.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    That's your plan? To create a product for something you don't know anything about? :shock:
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Talking about courage...

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
    i never tell that I dont know anything abt that product. I have finished 50% of that module.

I thot if somebody was working on that education project,i can get some inputs from them.

If u r not willing to answer pls dont post any reply. dont discourage beginners like us.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    navshare wrote:
    In that I don't have any idea in event management.
    What are you looking for is the question. If you can't tell us what you want to have happen, we can't come up with it for you. If you have a specific problem then that can probably be answered but your request is so broad and you give no starting point or what you've already done.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... dd-ons.pdf
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    navshare wrote:
    i never tell that I dont know anything abt that product. I have finished 50% of that module.
    Sorry I must have misunderstood, when you wrote that you didn't have any idea:
    navshare wrote:
    I am doing vertical for College management. In that I don't have any idea in event management.

navshare wrote:
    If u r not willing to answer pls dont post any reply. dont discourage beginners like us.
    I was not aware that I was discouraging anyone. What I did was ask if the first post was your whole plan. You'll know the difference if I would ever really discourage you ;)

Everyone in here is willing to answer any questions you might have, but you have to ask a proper question. You said 'doing vertical' but you don't tell us what the vertical is for. Then you ask for 'flow of where to start and what modules you should develop', but you don't give us any clue as to what functionality you are looking for.

It looks to me like you are in college, and you are pointed to this website to give you all the answers you want, but nobody tells you what to ask for. We are more than happy to help you succeed in your project, as long as you ask specific questions. We are not here to do your projects for you.

So ask specific questions, and you will get specific answers. There have been many threads in here where college students have gone over entire projects with mibuso regulars :mrgreen:
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    now, i understand nothing.

first -> he has no ideas
    now -> he's finished 50% :-k :roll:

Why my solutions / customizions not so easy :lol:
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    navshare wrote:

Hi,

College management and event management are different, or you can say, event management can be talked of as a part of college management, i.e. if there is a software for college management, there may include a module called "Event Management" for events organised in that specific college.

Thus, first you need to ascertain answers to questions like :

* what kind of events your college organises?
    * what all activities in individual events are there?
    * are the financials of these event to be managed with this module? if yes, upto what level?
    * approx how many peoples handle the events and activities?
    * how many users will control the entire workflow?
    and so on...
    Regards,

Deep
    India
    Hi Deep

Thanks for ur reply. its a module in college management.