Nav.5.1 Sub-contracting issue.

thinafansthinafans Member Posts: 88
Dear all,

I tried in 4.sp3 subcontracting flow.While Deliver & Receive the components from the vendor, system automatically transfer the inventory from our location to vendor location and while receiveing automatically post the consumption entry for our sub components and Post the output entry for our parent item.For posting the consumption & output we won't give specific setup.

But in 5.1 Only it is transfer the inventory from our location to vendor location,it's not posting the consumption and output while receiveing.

In the base DB 5.1(Cronous) It is working fine.I Can't able to find the setup in the base db.

Pls guide me,the setup missing for the above the problem.

Regards,

THINA.

Comments

• cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    If you want the output to be posted when receiving subcontracting purchase orders then the subcontracting operation must be the last operation on the routing.
    If you want consumptions of components when receiving you must use routing links to connect the componentsyou want to consume to the subcontracting operation

Please guide me..

Regards,

THINA.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    If you have one configuration with it working and one with it not it will be much easier for you to compare the settings against the setups. I would guess it is setup as it works with one then not the other, so check teh item flushing method, check how the route and BOM are setup and the settings on the sub-contract work centre. There is obviously a difference and it should not take you long to find it.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • jmohan555jmohan555 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Thina,

In NAV 5.1, Sub contracting, you will never be able to consume the material, unless you apply the consumption through "apply delivery challan". You need to consume every line by line by applying delivery challan and then only you will be able to register the consumption.

Will you pl explain the automatic consumption you have experienced in the cronus base db

jimma
  • gaganbatra84gaganbatra84 Member Posts: 5
    Hi All,

I am agree with the Thina scenario.
    Because this error comes, when we receive the material 1st time, at that time system ask for the apply deliver challan.

If we again try to receive without applying delivery challan, then system increase the qty received against the subcontracting order but no item ledger entry will be created either for consumption of raw material or for output of finished goods.

If we again go for receiving the item, system is working fine i.e. post consumption as well as output.

There is another bug also for apply deliver challan i.e. if we do not do apply deliver challan, system ask once for that
    if we try again system again do misbehaving like above case.

As thina said, its working fine in cronus database.

I think this is a bug in MICROSOFT NAV.

If anyone have any hot fixes or any did any customization on it, please tell...

Waiting for response from experts...!!

Gagan Batra