Help Creating Report - Basic

nav1976nav1976 Member Posts: 2
I'm new in NAV and I was wondering if anyone can help me create this report. Here's the situation:

CGW would like to have a Monthly Sales Report based on their current FACTS sales report. This report will be broken down by Mfr. Sales Agency and grouped by Mfr. Sales Rep code. The report will show sales for a specified month, last year’s sales for that month, then rolling year present and history. This report will also have an option to print to Excel and break up the report by putting each Mfr. Sales Agency on it’s own sheet.

New Functionality: A report will be written which will provide the following information.
A. Customer No.
B. Customer Name
C. Chosen month for current year
D. Chosen month for previous year
E. Difference in sales between C and D in percentage form.
F. Beginning of year to chosen month. (Example, if April is chosen, Jan – Apr ’08)
G. Beginning of prior year to chosen month. (Example, Jan – Apr ’07)
H. Difference in sales between F and G in percentage form.
I. Total Sales for 2 year back. (Example, Total 2006 Sales)

The report will be grouped by Mfr Sales Agency, and then broken into sub groups by Mfr Sales Reps for that Agency.

The Excel option will be added to this report. This will allow users to click a box on the option tab to open a new Excel worksheet and have it populate with the data from the report. A new feature will be added to the Excel export of the order. A new sheet (or tab) will be opened and populated for each Mfr Sales Agency.

Facts:
Table Sales Line Header
- Mfr Sales Agency
- Mfr Sales Code
- Customer No.
- Customer Name
- Posting Date

Table Sales Invoice Line
- Customer No.
- Posting Date
- Line Amount

Need help creating variables and logic and pretty much everything else.

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    goto:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

Download: w1w1adg.pdf
    It's the Application Designers Guide - it has a section on reports.

Most forum members have no problem lending assistace when your stuck with a specific problem but to write this whole complicated report is something I'm sure most of them don't do for free :mrgreen:

Download the guide & read it. Usually I find a good way of making a report by finding a similar report that is already made and modifying that to add or remove other fields.

But if you don't even know the basics of reports then any hints won't be too useful, that's where the guide will help you.