customer same as vendor

gargatul.itgargatul.it Member Posts: 14
hi,

we are implementing Nav5.0 (finance) for a bike manufacturing and selling company, client have the dealer (customer) whom they sell (invoicing) now they have special bussiness process they use this customer as a vendor that is they buy from this customer also.
Now client wants only one ledger for the same ](*,)

thanks in advance

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    First and for all : DON'T change codeunit 12 to write all ledger entries to a new entry table for both Customer/Vendor.

I think it is best to create a new entry table and ADD some functionality to codeunit 12 to fill up/modify also the new table. You can also create a report to periodically update the new table with the customer- and vendor ledger entries.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    I'd suggest you leave all the A/P and A/R stuff in NAV alone. The app is just bubilt around Vendors and Customers being separate entities, and I would never modify any of that. You could build your customer some sort of report or form that presents the Vendor ledger and the Customer ledger in one place.
  • gargatul.itgargatul.it Member Posts: 14
    Thanks for your promt reply,

can we map this situtation functionally -

Let us say we create Customer A actually then for all the purchase we issue credit memo and the posting in account wll be change according to the set for gen. bussiness and gen. prod. posting setup accordingly.

now if the user forgott to change the setup amount wll go to the differnt accounts

wat you suggest ... can i move like this .... or i have to custmize for that
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Thanks for your promt reply,

can we map this situtation functionally -

Let us say we create Customer A actually then for all the purchase we issue credit memo and the posting in account wll be change according to the set for gen. bussiness and gen. prod. posting setup accordingly.

now if the user forgott to change the setup amount wll go to the differnt accounts

wat you suggest ... can i move like this .... or i have to custmize for that
    Both my solution (new table in which both types of entries are created) and the one from Denster need some programming.
    If your customer is happy with a report, his solution is even better because you don't need to write to the DB, only to read.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• gargatul.itgargatul.it Member Posts: 14
    yes, but i think that wll not work

because if i make report for that then how i wll adjust the
    ledger entries of the customer to the vendor

also i need to settel all the taxes (localization). :(