Strange user problem

LionLion Member Posts: 39
Hello

I have problem with some users. When they run one Sales Analysis Report after half an hour Navision stop responding. When I run this Analysis Report with my login report finish generate after 10 min. All usrers has role super. I don't know why some users generate this report OK and some users not. We run this report on this same PC. Please help.

We have navision 5.1 PL on SQL 2005.

THX
M. Rutkowski
Regards,
Maciej Rutkowski

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    If it's on same pc, and you are running the report with same filters.

I would say it's related to security filters
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • LionLion Member Posts: 39
    Hello

I run this report on the same machine. I check navision role. I try set role super to this user with no security filters but this not work.
    Regards,
    Maciej Rutkowski
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    Which report?
    Does the report use any external component?
    Windows Login or DB Login?
    Check user rights on SQL Server!
    Terminal session? Citrix?

We had a similar problem with a solution that uses an external tool. We used Windows Login. The problem was that some users didn't have the right (Windows) to write some temporary files. There was no response by the external tool, so NAV didn't response as well after a certain time.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • LionLion Member Posts: 39
    It is standard navision analysis report form "Sales and Marketing" -> "Analysis and Reporting" -> "Analisys by Dimensions".
    Regards,
    Maciej Rutkowski
  • dspasovdspasov Member Posts: 33
    Just for check, Have you tried to delete fin.zup and then generate the report.
    I have similar situations in other sites of navision and this works.