Tab Order - How to control

ChessExpertChessExpert Member Posts: 103
Hello there Nav experts.

I just wanted to know if there's a way on how to control the tab order in Navision Form objects. I would like to change how it's behaving right now when I tab through the fields.

Thank you in advance for you advice.

Answers

• cyuwonocyuwono Member Posts: 28
    Hi There,

I had this kind of problem last week and the only way (me) to fix tabbing order is to align your textbox. if someone have better solution please let me know :D cos I am looking for better solution.
    Carlos Yuwono
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Folks,

Use the Nextcontrol property on the textbox (assign to the ID of the next textbox ) :wink:
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    One thing that is REALLY annoying is that this does not work the other way around...
  • cyuwonocyuwono Member Posts: 28
    great solution :D
    Carlos Yuwono
  • ChessExpertChessExpert Member Posts: 103
    Thanks everyone. That one works well on the header part.

I have more thing to ask you.

How will I be able to tab from the header to specific field on the SUB-FORM.

Thanks.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    in Subform in Trigger Form - OnActivateForm() you write following (for exapmle):
    CurrForm.Quantity.ACTIVATE;

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
    How will I be able to tab from the header to specific field on the SUB-FORM.
    You can't tab from the header into the line subform. For that you press Ctrl+Down Arrow
    You can't tab from the header into the line subform. For that you press Ctrl+Down Arrow

Why not. For example (CRONUS) Form 50. On Control with ID 171 (<No. of Archived Versions>) you can set the property NextControl to 60 (SubForm).
    Now, when you are on the field "No. of Archived Versions" and you press TAB or ENTER, the courser jumps to the SubForm.
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    garak wrote:
    Why not. For example (CRONUS) Form 50. On Control with ID 171 (<No. of Archived Versions>) you can set the property NextControl to 60 (SubForm).
    Now, when you are on the field "No. of Archived Versions" and you press TAB or ENTER, the courser jumps to the SubForm.
    I been using this and it works well for me. Another helpful property is ActiveControlOnOpen on the form which will put the user into the field you want and not the last one selected (stored on Zup file)
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
    garak wrote:
    you can set the property NextControl to 60 (SubForm).
    I hadn't thought of that, I didn't think that would work, so with setting the control on activate that sets the cursor right in the proper control huh. Goes to show you gotta try everything, that's a good tip :mrgreen:
    DenSter, you're welcome ;-)
  • ChessExpertChessExpert Member Posts: 103
    Hello Garak, the CurrForm.Quantity.ACTIVATE; on OnActivateForm() works well.

I also tried ActiveControlOnOpen, but it doesn't work once I created a new entry on the header, and the Subform gets back to it's last position.

Anyway, I'll stick to "CurrForm.Quantity.ACTIVATE".

Thanks a lot everyone. I love this site.
    So, you're welcome :P