Global Text Search

Rob_NugentRob_Nugent Member Posts: 2
Hi there,

First post on the forum.

Is there any way, or any tools that allow me to search all C/SIDE for a particular string.

My company is a Navision customer so we have restricted access to view objects and their Code.

Is there a generally agreed way of dealing with this limitation ?

Kind regards

Rob

Comments

• XypherXypher Member Posts: 297
    To my inferior knowledge regarding this I would have to say no there's really no other way than to:

Open Object Designer -> Click 'All' -> Hit 'Ctrl-A'

File -> Export -> 'Save as type: Text Format (*.txt)'

Then of course explore the file via program/manually and search for whatever you want.

Otherwise you have a whole buncha FOB like data (raw "compiled" navision object source) you would have to search through in the database through C/SIDE or whatever. Which to my knowledge has not been done (the translation part)
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    perhaps you can tell us more about what you're trying to find?

Perhaps using code coverage if you know when this string occurs.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    You probably won't have permission to export the objects as text. Ask your NAV partner to do this for you and give it to you. Technically they will not be allowed to do this, but they might make an exception. Alternatively, you could ask them to do this search for you and provide the results of the search. There is also something called the Developer Toolkit that is used for this purpose, although you may not have access to that either. Get in touch with your NAV partner to discuss options, they will be able to help you out.