user problem

ASTAST Member Posts: 108
Hi, I developed form based on some table where there is code in OnOpenForm trigger which modify one field in this table.
For one user everything is ok, but the second user doesn't see modified value unless first user open this form. :-k

Do you have any idea where the problem is? Both users have the same permission in Navision and SQL Server.
This problem appers for my client and I can't simulate it.
Nav4.03 is on Sql Server 2005.

Comments

• EugeneEugene Member Posts: 309
    can you show us the code you have put in OnOpenForm trigger ?
    After modifying the field in question , do you issue MODIFY for the table ?
  • ASTAST Member Posts: 108
    I do modify for the table.
  • EugeneEugene Member Posts: 309
    your second user has the data cached on his computer but you can force him to re-get the data from server lets say every second but it will create a lot of network traffic. I think CurrForm.UPDATE(FALSE) should do the trick.

Is it absolutely necessary for your user to see what other users are doing ? In most cases it should be enough to check on when trying to do something with the data if something was changed by others earlier. So for example if you open an item card and then 5 minutes later try to modify anything after other user has blocked it - the result will be you will get reported that item was modified by other user so u will be forced to reread item info and then u saee that is has been blocked
    Hi, where to put CurrForm.UPDATE(FALSE) code? In OnOpenForm trigger?

I don't understand why second user has cached wrong (not complete) data and for first user everthing is ok.
    I made a little test: when second user login to Navision on first user's computer everything is ok, he see correct data but on his computer he doesn't see some data.
    Where this data is cached? I'm a little confused, becouse I don't understand the problem. Could someone explain it to me?