Debugger starting automatically.

poloniouspolonious Member Posts: 64
Hi,

I have a problem where the Debugger is occasionally appearing when using the POS system. Obviously this is a problem because it's a store till! We are using Nav 4.03. Has anyone seen this before? I've checked to ensure it's not active, i've also tried deleting the zup files. The problem cannot be replicated unfortunately, it just happens every couple of hours sporadically. The problem is on three different machines.

Thanks,

P.

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    The Navision DEbugger (Tools -> Debugger) or a Just in Time Debugger like from Visual Studio :?:
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • poloniouspolonious Member Posts: 64
    Hi garak, it's the navision debugger that appears.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It seems like some functionality on the POS is using the Shift+Ctrl+F11 shortcut and this will enable the debugger. Check the user rights that the Debugger is not allowed (look for permissions on system function 5310 and remove it if the users have it.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Hi Kine, thanks for your reply. Can you explain a little further on how to check these permissions.
    Thanks.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    yes thats also possible, that the POS in some cases use
    "Shift+Ctrl+F11" / "Shift+Ctrl+F12"

what kine mean is following:

Check if the user(s) on POS has the permission for "SYSTEM: 5310; Tools, Debugger".

Fist find the role with this permission. Do following:

Tools -> Security -> Roles -> Role -> Permissions

now clear your Fitler (SHOW ALL)

then filter Object Type = SYSTEM, Object ID = 5310

Is there some Role with this permission (show column column Role ID) :?:

If yes, open the window for User Roles (Windows Access or Database Login), SHOW ALL (clear filter) and filter for the Role ID. Now you know which user has the permission to this role (Login ID / User ID).

Many words for an simple filter ;-)
    Do you make it right, it works too!
    Thanks very much guys. Sounds like exactly what I need to do. I'll try it now and let ye know how it goes.
    Cheers.