How to enable same Lot no in one Item Tracking Lines

selece28selece28 Member Posts: 316
Hi Nav masters,

I have a problems with Lot No.
Starting with lets say our item have base UOM of cm2, but Purchase on m2
so when i use Item Journal (Purchase) and insert UOM as m2, then insert the Item Tracking Lines, the Quantity is more than 1.

Is there any ways to insert 2 lines in the Item Tracking Lines with the same Lot No. without using SN?
Because i add one field that filled with random codes to different the 2 lines with the same Lot No.
I cannot use SN because the quantity is more than 1 right?

I also cannot merge the Lot No. with the random codes that i generate because not enough space.

Any suggestion on this?

Thanks in advance,
Steven

Regards,
Steven

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I do not understand, what is your problem. If you are using Lots, than you can enter one line with the lot for whole quantity and you are done. What you want to archive?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Like Kine I am not sure, but you can set the quantity on the item tracking line to be greater than 1 doing away with the two identical lines, but I think we are missing something you are trying to tell us :D
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • selece28selece28 Member Posts: 316
    Yes, i need my default Quantity in Navision to keep the Total of my Item.
    Ok, ive solved the Purchase/Positif Adj problems.
    I just different the Lot No. Like this:

So my Tracking Lines is like this:
    Blank 124 200

But then i have another problems, I need to split the Quantity of Lot No. 123 into 2 item with the same Lot No. but different Qty.
    I want it to be like this:
    Blank 123 20

The Process is maybe like this:
    I use Codes to insert 3 lines into Item Jurnal Line then Post
    1. "Negative Adj" on 123 Qty 100
    2. "Positive Adj" on 123 Qty 80
    3. "Positive Adj" on 123 Qty 20

Can i do like this?
    :-k

Please help me, i think i'm stuck

Thanks in Advance,
    Steven

Regards,
    Steven
    Dividing lot into quantities is nonsense. Why you need to "split" the quantity on one lot? What is your objectives? Do not forget that NAV will use more as many Item Ledger Entry as he need, "dividing quantity" on one lot doesn't mean that there will be some exact number of Item Ledger Entries... Please, describe in detail, I am afraid of big problems...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Its like this.
    The item that my client sell is a glass film. It consist of width, length, and how many sheet.
    I add "Sheet Quantity", Width, and Length as a new field in ILE.
    And i intend to keep Navisions Quantity as the Total Width x Length of the Item.
    I use cm2 as the Base UOM
    They Buy the Item in Roll. One Roll have 1 Lot No. and fixed Length ex: 100cm x 500cm.
    So the Quantity is = 50000cm2.

Ok, now the problem is when they Sell the Item, sometimes not in Roll but in a cut out, lets say 1 Roll cut into 2 Item with same Lot No. and width, legth is 50x500 and 50x500.

So i need to create a form to Cut this Item into 2 piece of Item.

Any Suggestion?
    Thanks in advance,
    Steven

Regards,
    Steven
    This system with two measure units is not easy to create. There are addons for that, there is more ways how to do it. One way is to use the lot no. as a internal identification of each Roll (which can have the external lot no. information on the card) and than each new roll will have new Lot No. (or better to call it in this case Handling Unit ID). Your way is hard to use, because application of Item Ledger Entries in NAV will be still based just on the Lot No. and it means that the numbers you have on Item Ledger Entries will not be correct after some movements.

But all about that is Know-How which cannot be given for free...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    That is a good idea.
    I'll try to mod so that their Lot No. is just an external Number and System Still Using Navision Lot No. as default Navision usage.
    I know that its not easy.
    But can you tell me what add on that can use 2 UOM? Just for my own reference so i can ask to my customer.

Thank You all, any other suggestions?

Best Regards,
    Steven

Regards,
    Steven