SetSelectionFiter

sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
Dear All,

I am using the SetSelectionFiter to transfer the list of records which are selected and insert a particular data in a field in each of the records.

This is working perfectly when it's just one record but I'm having proiblems when it's more than one. For example if I select 4 Navision recognises solely the first two.

Does anyone has any explanation for this.

Just to let you know I am trying to replciate the application of customer ledger entries process into customised tables. I am using temporary tables, can this be the reason why there is this ambiguity?

Comments

• XypherXypher Member Posts: 297
    Post some code.
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    sabzam wrote:
    I am using temporary tables, can this be the reason why there is this ambiguity?
    Exactly - the use of temporary table causes some problems with setselectionfilter.

It looks like NAV client bug. I've found this in the very first version of NAV 4.0 client, and never checked again in later versions.

Regards,
    Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Aren't you changing field which is used to sort or filter the records? If yes, you are lost in the recordset after the modification...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
    No Actually I am not changing any fields. I can't understand why for just one record it's working perfectly whilst when selecting a number of records it gets muddled up.
  • EugeneEugene Member Posts: 309
    are you changing any of primary key fields values ?