routing link codes

lallylally Member Posts: 323
Hi,

I know what is the use of routing . But i could not understand What is the use of the routing link codes ?

How it useful ?

thanks and regards
lally

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    It's used to link the workcenter/machine centers to the appropriate production BOM lines.

So you know what items are used at which work center at any given point.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    I believe also the planning engine will plan based upon the routing times and when the item is needed. Although this maybe AX that I am thinking of here, so you would need to test it!
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
    AdamRoue wrote:
    I believe also the planning engine will plan based upon the routing times and when the item is needed. Although this maybe AX that I am thinking of here, so you would need to test it!

Yep it does. But caution is needed when using NAV for shop floor planning. Make sure your implementor knows what he/she is doing before trying for shop floor planning.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Hi Alex

I could not agree more :D

The business also needs to fully understand the implications and procesees of setting up routing link codes. If your supply chain is not tight you will have problems.

Just thought I had better mention it in the context of the thread!
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • santoshmkcetsantoshmkcet Member Posts: 229
    actually the essence of the discussion is not to find any loopings that tangle away the question that is put into but find the loophole for the samw under question
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh
    Where Stones can be transformed to Gold
  • lallylally Member Posts: 323
    Hi experts,

Still i could not understand your valuable explanation .

Could u throw some practical explanation to understand easily.

Thanks and regards
    lally
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    actually the essence of the discussion is not to find any loopings that tangle away the question that is put into but find the loophole for the samw under question
    :shock: all I can say is WOW
    always man [-(
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh
    lally wrote:
    Hi experts,

Still i could not understand your valuable explanation .

Could u throw some practical explanation to understand easily.

Thanks and regards

Do you have any manufacturing experience? If not, I'd suggest taking some classes or taking a tour at a manufacturing company to get a better grasp of the answers.
  • thinafansthinafans Member Posts: 88
    Dear all,

Flushing method also related with routing link code.

If it is manual flushing, there is no use of routing link code.

If you use back flushing then it is useful.

If you use flushing method as backward with routing link code,then while posting the output put for your parent item, automatically your semi finished good item will consume.

Even though you have a routing link code but you are not choose the flushing method as backward,then system won't consume at the time of output for the parent item.it will consume after changing the status from the released prod.order to finished prod.order and run the Adjust cost item entries batch.

Thanks,

Regards,

THINA.
    Absolutely correct Thina =D>
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh