Checks print out of order - reprint in order

eknraweknraw Member Posts: 26
I'll print checks and it's in an order that I'm not really sure what it's sorting on. Reprint them again and this time they are in the correct order by vendor number. Subsequent reprints will also be in the correct order. No settings have been changed other than reprint. I can also void the checks, reprint another series and it's still correct. There have been some visual modifications to the standard check but other than that it's stock. Any ideas?

Answers

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Try running Code Coverage or Client Monitor. You never know when some obscure piece of code will change a value in a field that affects everything. Unlikely, but it's at least a place to start.
  • eknraweknraw Member Posts: 26
    To follow up... this was a pretty simple "fix".

The number 1 was being used as the starting document number when the Suggest Vendor Payments function was used. So checks will be sorted and printed based on this number. "Document No." is a Code type value so it get's a sorting like below.

Code Sorting:

When they are re-printed NAV goes through and re-sorts again and they are assigned a "Document No." that'll be sorted in the same number as the "Line No.".

So, just use a starting document no. that won't flip over to another value that will be alphabetically sorted.

Bill
  • djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
    Am I right to suggest that starting with "0000001" and incrementing up from there will prevent this from happening?

Also, isn't this sorting only an issue on a SQL database? I thought for sure I heard that somewhere at one point...
    "OMG ALL MY DATA IS GONE"
    "Show All..."
    "Oh..."
  • eknraweknraw Member Posts: 26
    Yes a number like 10000 or 00001 will work. I just tested both just to make sure.

It would appear that this would be the case with NAV on SQL as a quick test on the Native database does not display the same sorting behavior.
  • djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
    Good to know that I remember something from development class :roll:
    "OMG ALL MY DATA IS GONE"
    "Show All..."
    "Oh..."