Copied table does not work

doubtfiredoubtfire Member Posts: 60
I have two databases (DB1 & DB2) which are exactly the same, they are both linked to Navision for different testing environments. Now my question is I have imported a table from DB1 to DB2 (same structure and data), but when I open the copied table from Navision (with DB2 linked), I got an error message "The XXX table has no ROWVERSION column in the SQL Server table description". Any ideas how to fix this issue !? Thanks.

Comments

• XypherXypher Member Posts: 297
    Now I'm most likely wrong on this one, but I'll give this one a shot...

When you exported the table object did you save it as FOB or TXT?

If you had done it by TXT try FOB. I have seen too many a time when I received errors when importing an unmodified TXT export. (Leading me to believe there is a possibility to import a TXT with no errors yet experience issues when referencing the imported Object)
  • doubtfiredoubtfire Member Posts: 60
    I used the (Tables--> All tasks --> Export) (DTS import/export wizard) from DB1 to do the copying and DB2 as destination. What is "FOB"/"TXT" !? Could you explain ? Thank you.
    I was making reference to object export/import using Navision itself, not SQL. I'm an idiot when it comes to SQL, so forget I said anything.

--- edit ---

Then again, anything you add/modify/whatever using SQL and/or 3rd party programs, is all transparent to Navision, no? Perhaps you should remove the table structure from DB2 (the copied one from DB1 via SQL) and just export the table object from (Navision) DB1/Company -> DB2/Company. That way Navision takes control over the process.
    Thank you for the suggestion. Could you show me how to export that table from DB1 to DB2 through Navision ? Thank you and please detail.
    What I have suggested might provide you with your solution if-and-only-if you can see the table currently in Navision via DB1.

If this is the case, open Navision -> DB1 -> Company (Ctrl-O) -> Object Designer (Shift-F12)

Click the Table button within the Object Designer, find your table, select it by clicking once then: File -> Export -> "Save as type: Navision Object Format (*.fob)"

Save it to a location you can easily remember/find. Close the current Database (Or just select to Open a Database) Connect to DB2 -> Company (Ctrl-O) -> Object Designer (Shift-F12)

File -> Import -> Locate the FOB file and Open.
    Thank you. I have learned a new process, but after importing I get the same error message.
    So you've deleted the table structure in DB2. Then connected to DB2 fine with Navision. But after importing the table you receive the error message?

Hmm... yeah I'm quite a newbie when it comes to SQL. You'll have to wait for one of the SQL savvy users to see your post. I'm sure they'll be able to help :wink:

(Actually I couldn't even find very much information on RowVersion errors :-s)