Put away & Pick In Warehouse

santoshmkcetsantoshmkcet Member Posts: 229
Dear All,

What do you actually mean by 'Put away' & 'Pick' in Warehouse. :-k

Is 'Put away' actually means sending the item out of warehouse after 'Picking' the item from the loactiopn? :-s
(Please ignore my ignorance of the topic of discussion) :?

And help me understand the "inner" meaning of these words used in terms of manufacturing industry. ](*,)

Thanking You All.

Regards,

Santosh :D
Thanks & Regards
Santosh
Where Stones can be transformed to Gold

Comments

• KowaKowa Member Posts: 923
    Is 'Put away' actually means sending the item out of warehouse after 'Picking' the item from the loactiopn? :-s
    No, "Put away" means after receiving the item in the warehouse, you put it into the bin. "Pick" is the opposite, you take the item from the bin to ship it.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • vanrofivanrofi Member Posts: 272
    Hi,

This is not manufacturing really, except that you will need to Pick or putaway from and to Production bin for production orders...

In fact you can setup inventory movements in 3 ways :
    - movements bij posting from order (you post the inventory by posting receive or shipment on the Purchase or Sales document)
    - movements by inventory Pick or Putaway ; this is an extra layer where the posting is done by an extra document (inv. pick or Putaway), but is still order by order (that's why this level exists in the menu as well). It only keeps the Warehouse people out of the orders.
    - Movements by warehouse documents : here are the warehouse shipments and receipt that are related to one or more orders. Optionally you use warehouse Picks and putaways to post the internal Bin movements first (from receipt bin to Pick bin, from Pick bin to ship bin,...) and then you post the total shipment that will post the related orders as well.

The last is the most complicated one and is referred to as WMS when the Putaway is directed by the system, as well as the bin replenishment is setup,etc...

Don't know what you need to do in Navision. But if you are going to use production, better start playing with a location that is the least complicated and as soon as you understand all layers of production, you can start complicating the locations...I have done 1 implementation with Full WMS and full production...a lot of administration to be done, in order to get a production order to finish.

Good luck!
  • santoshmkcetsantoshmkcet Member Posts: 229
    thanks kowa & vanrofi !!! :D

to vanrofi,

i understood the concept of put away & pick.

now if for an eg. 100 pcs have to be produced from a production order.

90 pcs has been produced.

if i need to " put away " the raw materials of those remaining 10 pcs to be produced back to warehouse,

1. what action is taken in the navision? ( whether put away in prodcution order is to be applied ?)

2. how can i account those raw materials unused, back in warehouse.

I f you understood the problem, kindly please reply.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards

Santosh
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh
    Where Stones can be transformed to Gold
  • vanrofivanrofi Member Posts: 272
    I think you could just do a manual stock movement via Movement worksheet, there is no function that you can resend (re-putaway) raw material from a Production order.