License Expiration

hardradahardrada Member Posts: 2
Hil All!

Today I entered NAV and got te following message: "You license expires in 8 days"

The license I've is a Developer License ... ¿how do I get to update de license? ¿Via Partner Source?

Will a Client License have the same problem???

Best Regards
Harald

Comments

• TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    hardrada wrote:
    Hil All!

Today I entered NAV and got te following message: "You license expires in 8 days"

The license I've is a Developer License ... ¿how do I get to update de license? ¿Via Partner Source?

Will a Client License have the same problem???

Best Regards
    Harald

Client will not have same problem (unless they use your license file).
    You can request Microsoft for a renewed license file.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    No, this is typical for 004 and 003 licenses which are partner developers licenses. Microsoft is generating these license files with limited expiration date to force partners to refresh them (e.g. to have new granules for new versions included, refresh them when partner SPA is ending etc.). Just request refresh of you license from Microsoft through common ways for requesting license changes...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    Sign up for the SPA and get the licence refreshed by MS. You problem will solve
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    I'm afraid it doesn't quite work that way. Simply signing the SPA doesn't automatically refresh your license. Maybe you get the first one upon signing the SPA, but they don't keep track of which license needs to be refreshed. You have to request this yourself.
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    DenSter wrote:
    I'm afraid it doesn't quite work that way. Simply signing the SPA doesn't automatically refresh your license. Maybe you get the first one upon signing the SPA, but they don't keep track of which license needs to be refreshed. You have to request this yourself.

Yes definitely. Your NSC needs to contact Microsoft to get the license renewed.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
    My question is "what happens when the license expired"?
    I am making some test with an old license expired (July 2009) but only have the message 'This license has expired' at start of NAV but clicking ok the system seems run normally without restrictions. Is that correct?

Thank you very much
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    No, it is not correct, if the license is on server. This situation you are testing is when the license is in client folder. If the license is on server, it will not allows you to connect...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.