Costing Method change in Navision

chakrichakri Member Posts: 2
I have an issue with regard to Costing method for Items. I need a clarification for the following query:

Item costing method is defined as FIFO for some items. I have checked the box "Automatic Cost Posting" in the inventory setup also. But i have to change the costing method as "Specific" now. Once the ILE is created or any purchase orders created for those particular items we cannot change the costing method. But by blocking the code from the back end and if i change the costing method to "Specific" and start posting the transactions for items with new costing method. Please note I have not run so far "Adjust Cost item entries batch job". Now If i run that batch job will it give correct values for inventory?

Can anyone help me in this regard?
chakravarthi

Comments

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    There are reasons why that function is blocked. Changing costing method of open items can have unpredictable results. Best approach is to create new items but it is possible with existing items if all inventory is completely invoiced/adjusted and gone.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • vanrofivanrofi Member Posts: 272
    I have seen somewhere documentation on that document. Believe it van only be done in a closed period.

Workaround is indeed create new item, rename the old item, put inventory on 0 and block the old item. Increase inventory on new item and rename to old name of old item.

test, test, test...