Backup issue

sivaguru_ksrsivaguru_ksr Member Posts: 100
Hello,

i am using naviosn 5.0 with SQL server option.currently i am using SQL server backup thru SQL server maintenance plan...

when i tried to take the backup within navision FinSQL.exe-->Tools-->backup option...i am getting the following error:

There is an error in the database structure. The error (1190 in module 19) may have been caused by the computer or a program.
Table: Customer
Company:
Key Fields: No.
First check the database by clicking File, Database, Test and then click Maximum. If you still get the same error, you should:
1) Make a backup of the database by copying the database file(s).
2) Use the built-in function to make a backup.
3) If this works, create a new database WITHOUT deleting the database that contains the error(s). Restore the backup (made with the built-in backup function) into the new database, and test it by clicking File, Database, Test and then click Maximum. If this procedure does not work, any changes to the database done after the most recent backup are lost. Restore the most recent backup (made with the built-in backup function) and test it. For security reasons, you should save the old database until you have used the new one for a period of time. Warning! This error MUST be corrected before you can continue. Contact your system manager if you need assistance.

The above error message is because of italian char's present in SQL server DB...

I think,navision native backup process is not understanding the special char’s format(Italian char’s) present in SQL server DB properly.
So,Navision native backup process is throwing error message when it encounter’s any special Italian char’s in DB and it is asking to remove all before taking the backup

(we should not remove all italian char's from DB for taking the backup because these char's are also needed for us.....
These special char's is present not only in T18 but also in all posted tables, master tables,Ledger entries,GL accounts.... )

is there any solution to the above issue?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you will search this forum for "error 1190 in module 19" you will have many answers to your problem. Do not forget that searching is faster that waiting for answer... :wink:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    or writing a big one question :-D
    Do you make it right, it works too!