File name when using eDocPrinter PDF Pro

tobarichtobarich Member Posts: 33
Hi all: i´m trying to print a report using eDocPrinter PDF Pro, but the problem is that all the files have the same name because i call the report this way:
REPORT.RUNMODAL(p_intReportID, FALSE, FALSE, p_recSalesHeader);

I use the printer selection table to select the eDocPrinter printer.

I´d like to put the name of the Order associated to the report. Is it possible?

Thanks

Comments

• XypherXypher Member Posts: 297
    To my knowledge the only way you can specify the filename of the pdf (before you send the report to the virtual printer) is by way of interaction with the virtual printer.

I would suggest going with PDFCreator (since it's so simple to use) or find out how you can make this adjustment with eDocPrinter PDF Pro.
  • ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    tobarich wrote:

Thanks

Punt the following in your report. %%FilePath: filename.pdf%%
    Thats all.
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    ajhvdb wrote:
    tobarich wrote:

Thanks

Punt the following in your report. %%FilePath: filename.pdf%%
    Thats all.

Hi ajhvdb,

Where (ie what property / trigger) would you recommend to put this ?
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
    Our solution SendX uses the address block in the Header. You can put it anywhere and more the once. The last found fieldvalue is used.
  • tobarichtobarich Member Posts: 33
    Thanks for the solution, but i still don't understand where to put %%FilePath: filename.pdf%% inside the report.

When you say
    Our solution SendX uses the address block in the Header. You can put it anywhere and more the once. The last found fieldvalue is used.
    What is SendX?
    It's an AddOn. :-s sorry,

Insert a label on your report with the text %%FilePath: filename.pdf%%

If you print this on paper you will see this text but if you print this to edocprinter a pdf is created with the name filename.pdf. Hope this explains it..