G/L Balance by Dimension problem

stuart1266stuart1266 Member Posts: 29
I've run the G/L Balance by Dimension window and I have 20 dimensions showing in my columns. When I 'select all' to highlight all the rows and then copy and paste into Excel, it only brings across the columns that are visible.

So I have 20 dimensions values and I can only copy across 10.

Any help please?

Thanks

Comments

• kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    I don't think you can do that. You'll probably have to implement some "Export to Excel" functionality yourself. But you'll need to be carefull. If you change the columns to period and don't specify a date filter you might run out of space in excel. I don't know if anyone else has found a way to copy all the data.
  • stuart1266stuart1266 Member Posts: 29
    I guessed as much. I have to say, I think the fact you cannot select all and copy all in Excel is very poor. Has anyone else come across it?
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this cannot be done because the columns not visible yet do not exist. The are calculated and filled (on the form) when they are shown.
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I believe that is correct. Since the columns are flow fields and calculated on the fly there is no need for the client to waste time and resources calculating fields that aren't needed.