MenuSuite - New Items Not Visible

jvanclevejvancleve Member Posts: 20
I apologize for asking what is probably a dumb question. I am new to Navision development and I'm having trouble editing the MenuSuite. I have scoured the forums here and tried every suggestion, but I can't get it to work.

I have created a custom report and need to add it to the MenuSuite. Using the customer's license, I can open the Navigation Pane Designer, create a new item, save & compile. But once I exit the Nav Pane Designer, my changes are not visible. If I go back into the designer, I can see my newly created item.

I have deleted the Company MenuSuite (90) and started from scratch. I have tried using my developer's license to make the changes. I have tried adding permissions in table 2000000005. Instead of adding a new item to an existing menu, I tried creating my own but I still run into the same issue.

What am I doing wrong? :-k

Answers

• XypherXypher Member Posts: 297
      Make sure the menu is Enabled Go to 'Assign Users...' and see if you/whomever are in the list After you 'Close' and 'Compile' the menusuite right click at the bottom and click 'Refresh'
  • jvanclevejvancleve Member Posts: 20
    Xypher, thanks for the help but unfortunately that didn't work for me. Is it possible something is screwed up with my license?
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Jvancleve,

I think your problem is that you have developed the report in a number range outside the range allow for the customer. Nav only displays menu item that you are licenced for. Check what the customer is licenced for -> 50000 - 50099 is normally a good start. :wink:
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • jvanclevejvancleve Member Posts: 20
    You sir, are absolutely correct! I assigned the report an id of 50100 and of course we're licensed up to 50099. Dumb.

See, I knew it would be something simple that I overlooked. Thanks for the catch, and your help.

-Jamison
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Jamison,

Gald to help - it always the simple thing that trip us up
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html