ADCS Miniform Madness [RESOLVED]

Toddy_BoyToddy_Boy Member Posts: 231
I have setup NAS and ADCS and am trying to get a miniform to work.

It seems if I set the handling codeunit to 50000 I get an error but if the handling codeunit is set to one of the 77nn range I can at least see the card. WHY ???
Integer is missing or invalid in the expression
Life is for enjoying ... if you find yourself frowning you're doing something wrong

Comments

• Toddy_BoyToddy_Boy Member Posts: 231
    Does anyone know if you can point ADCS Handling Codeunits to your allocated development range i.e. 50000 or are you restricted to editing the codeunits 7700 to 7713
    Life is for enjoying ... if you find yourself frowning you're doing something wrong
    anyone ... any ideas?? ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
  • jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    There should be no issues writing minform codeunits in your regular development range (i.e. 50,000 to 99,999).

I have done this quite recently on version 4.0 SP3.

The whole setup of miniforms is quite difficult and it is by no means a simple process. Hope you have a good size development budget.
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com
    Now I am getting a custom form up. Something simple like looking up an item description .. shouldn't be to hard... HA!

I have used the login form as a template, amended to use the Item table instead of the user table. I now get a new message
    RECORDREF variable not initialized.

Any takers ... ](*,) ](*,)
    Things are now progressing, I have an item lookup form. \:D/ This is now turning into a form which will;

Enter an Item No. - Lookup and display the Item Description
    Enter a Location Code - Lookup and display the Location Name
    Enter a Quantity

When thats done Create and post a BOM Journal Line.

I'm having to save these details into a table so I can display the item description and location name - whether this is correct or not I have no idea. However I can't get more than 1 output line to display. ](*,) ](*,)

Could it possibly be so that only 1 output line can be displayed? If so why can I select more than one line in the miniform editor?
    When you're working with ADCS you normally have to work with one line at a time on the screen. Basically the easiest way to work is to have 1 row per field. So if you're working with say an Item Journal you would want to have a miniform with Item No., Description, Quantity on the first 3 lines and possibly serial no. or lot no. there as well.

Then once you get all of that data populated have the user hit a function button to post the line.

Again remember miniforms was designed so that it works with a small screen of a hand held. If you need more advanced functionality you have to custom build forms & screens for each function (lookup, drill down, input, etc.). So it could take some time.
    Epimatic Corp.

Hi

Thanks for the reply, looks like there are only 2 of us on the forum using this technology.

I have managed to do exactly what you suggested - quite happy now \:D/ Now I realize the limitations I can work with it.

I can see a few more challenges coming my way.

Steve
    Yes I hear ya...working with ADCS can present some challenges that aren't really anywhere else in the Navision application.

If there is going to be a lot of development effort spent on ADCS you may want to check out the Lanham ADCS offerings...I saw a demo of it a few weeks ago and it's quite impressive.
    Epimatic Corp.

• BruceBruce Member Posts: 26
    I have configured ADCS Very well.
    I got the Navision Data on Hyper Terminal, but when i pick a item from Put-Away zone then i got the error "Invalid Bin Code"

I mean data doesn't go into Navision Database.

Any idea invited.

The Screen of "Hyper Terminal" :

PU000003
    AT=Place
    Zone=PICK
    Bin Code=:
    Item No.=1000
    Variant=
    UoM=PCS
    Qty. to Handle=12
    Qty. Outstanding=12
    Serial No.=
    Invalid Bin Code. <
    It generate this Error ,Data Comes on it but when i enter details, it doesn't go into Nav Db.