Error message while copying the 4.0 Variables to 5.0

rutuja_sarafrutuja_saraf Member Posts: 11
I have installed 5.0 on my system. When I am trying to copy some customized variables and their record types from version 4.0 to 5.0 , a dialog box appears saying Microsoft Business Solutions NAV encountered a problem and needs to be closed. If I manually define the var and its corresponding data type, it acceps it. But it doesn allow to paste as it is.

Can nybody pls help me on this? :(
Rutuja Saraf
Associate Consultant
HCL Technologies

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    2 ways:
    -Or you copy the variables 'manually'. This means field by field and not the whole line at a time.
    -Or you upgrade the 4.0 to the same 5.0 version by opening the DB with the 5.0 version (IMPORTANT: you CANNOT go back to the older version other than by a backup-restore, so don't do it with a production DB!) and then you can copy the variables line by line.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• rutuja_sarafrutuja_saraf Member Posts: 11
    But is there no other way to do it? I mean there are lots many variables to be copied..N i need the 4.0 DB so i actually dont wanna convert it

Is it a version incompatibility problem or somethin..
    Because it allows me smoothly to copy from 3.7 version to 4.
    Rutuja Saraf
    Associate Consultant
    HCL Technologies
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Seems MS changed something heavy in it.

You can make a fob of all objects in 4.0. Create a new DB in 5.0 and import the 4.0 objects. This takes at most a few minutes and then you can copy-past all that you want.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!