Apply One DataItem Filters to Other DataItem

ravi_navisionravi_navision Member Posts: 102
Hi all,

In a report there are 2 data items.

Item Ledger Entry
Purchase Line

Now when user filters on the request form for "Item Ledger Entry" (eg: qty), same filters should be applied to Purchase line and should be shown on the request form. Assume 2 dataitems contains same request filters.

we can filter other dataitem with the help of getfilter in coding. But how can I show on the request form.
~~ravi

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    You can get the value of a certain filter by using GETFILTER, and apply that to another field. Open the object browser, point to any record variable, move to the filter piece and see what is available. The F1 help is pretty clear about how to all of those options.
  • ravi_navisionravi_navision Member Posts: 102
    Hi Denster,

My question is how can we show it on the request form?. On the request form there are 2 dataitems. when user apply the filters for one data item, same filters should be applied to other data item and should be shown on the request form.
    ~~ravi
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    sounds like these dataitems are NOT linked in any way??
    :-k
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I've tried doing that and have not been able to do it, so if you find a way please post it here :mrgreen: . The only way I know how to make predefined filters show up in a report is to set the filters on a record variable, and then calling the report with REPORT.RUNMODAL(reportnumber,rec)
  • XypherXypher Member Posts: 297
    ravi,

For this I would setup each dataitem so that they are not displayed on the Request Form. In place I would whip up a custom filtering area for those desired fields on the RequestOptionsForm.

(But of course if you want to give the user freedom of applying other filters than the specific ones you want linked, that could pose a problem.)
  • supp85supp85 Member Posts: 76
    Hello all,

I have a similar situation, where i am using Purch Recpt and Purch Head as dataitems, i have tried using COPYFILTERS but it will not work as they are not the same table, so i have used COPYFILTER and it works fine however this wont cater for user's which select a different filter from the list, is there a way to get around it, or another way to copy filters?