Maintenance module in Navision!!!!

santoshmkcetsantoshmkcet Member Posts: 229
Hi All,

Any body having Maintenance module in Navision.

If it is there please inform me!!!
Thanks & Regards
Santosh
Where Stones can be transformed to Gold

Answers

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    It is not there :-k
  • vanrofivanrofi Member Posts: 272
    Can you be more specific on the business needs?

If you have access to the Partnersource, you will find a PDF with all registered add-ons. You will find most probably your answer there.

If you have no access (Like me) you can always ask your dealer to send the PDF...would be nice if someone puts it on MIBUSO.
  • santoshmkcetsantoshmkcet Member Posts: 229
    hmmm thanks buddy
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    We have such an addon... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    we to, click and clack in Nav -> Maintenance in SQL (jobs, backups, restoring, replication, etc.) :P
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    garak wrote:
    we to, click and clack in Nav -> Maintenance in SQL (jobs, backups, restoring, replication, etc.) :P

It depends if the question is about SQL maintenance, or some tools&machines maintenance in the company... 8)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    jup, thats the question :-$
    Now, santoshmkcet, what you need?
    yup thats it !!!

i need tools & machine maintenance in a company!!!!
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh
    thanks for the replies,

is there any manual for this ready available, cos i dont hav a partner source
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    I would suggest you look for your friendly neighborhood hardware vendor.
    By the way, what tools & machines are you using?
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
    How to maintain a SQL Server you can read in OnlineHelp or some other books. how to maintain your Hardware Server, please ask your hardware vendor.

If you need to know wich maint. is needed on sql server for Navision, please read the Manuals on Product CD / DVD or read this documents:

"Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 Developer and Installation Guides"

REGARDS
    To idiot,

my friend dont get misunderstood with the tools & machines of a particular manufacturing industry to that of the software.

I was asking whether there is any manual for maintaining the records of the machine, spares, downtime history etc. which all comprises in "Maintenance Module".

And thankyou all helping me give the information regarding this issue.

Regards,

Santosh
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    To idiot,

my friend dont get misunderstood with the tools & machines of a particular manufacturing industry to that of the software.
    so this means it's hardware???
    I was asking whether there is any manual for maintaining the records of the machine, spares, downtime history etc. which all comprises in "Maintenance Module".

I really think you should look for your friendly neighborhood hardware vendor for this...or you need to find a translator...
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
    I really think you should look for your friendly neighborhood hardware vendor for this...or you need to find a translator...

My friend u hav misunderstood my need again.

What i am looking for was a module which helps in maintaining the records of the activities of maintenance.

Anyways I have got the addon maintenance module in Navision from another friend.

Regards,

Santosh
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh
    as there is a lot of information to be passed but little time to get accustomed to the situation to make under control so i have a suggestion to ...
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh
    as there is a lot of information to be passed but little time to get accustomed to the situation to make under control so i have a suggestion to ...

solve the problem....

Every thing is simple as a straight line............................................
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh
    And what add-on have you found? that interests me more than discussion about Translations and straight lines on this forum.. :roll:
    edited 2008-08-01
    vanrofi wrote:
    And what add-on have you found? that interests me more than discussion about Translations and straight lines on this forum.. :roll:

I said I have got Quality & Maintenance ADD-ON my friend
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh
    OKaay, and Who is the maker of the Add-on? Any website maybe you can refer to?
    edited 2008-08-05
    sorry man can"t disclose :-# in this site!!!! :cry:

its against the ethics & values of the system under where you have to follow knowingly or unknowingly.
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh
    quality & maintenance module

basically quality & maintenance checks can only be done with these modules. Not more than that. :whistle:

FYI
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh
    What are you talking about ethics & values? You cited an add-on and someone is interested in where to get it because they might have a need for it. You not giving him an answer might be the only thing that goes against the values of this community.

It doesn't have to be a whole advertisement, but there's nothing wrong with posting a link to an add-on.
    DenSter wrote:
    What are you talking about ethics & values? You cited an add-on and someone is interested in where to get it because they might have a need for it. You not giving him an answer might be the only thing that goes against the values of this community.

To Denster,

There is no need to get emotional about it. If anybody needs help or even knowledge sharing I have come across to help with what knowledge I have... if you want proof you can go through my posts till date in my profile. So do not address such kind of "kind" words to me in future.
    DenSter wrote:
    It doesn't have to be a whole advertisement, but there's nothing wrong with posting a link to an add-on.

Dear Denster,

Yes I accept this part of the phrase but I am deeply concerned that I donot have the information, but at the earliest I could be giving the information about the links.
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh
    I am not being emotional about anything. Someone asked you a question and you declined to answer it, first by making all sorts of cryptic remarks (which might be lost in translation, so I won't hold that against you), and then citing some sort of ethics and values proposition.

Turns out that you just don't know, which is absolutely fine with me, I don't know lots of things. However, if you don't know, then say "I don't know", don't say something that doesn't make any sense. "We have some add-on for that, but I don't know where it came from" would have been a good answer.

Anyway, I think this is mostly because of language, and things are lost in translation.
    To Denster,

You see I donot want to make any type of issue for simple matters that is been blown out of proportions that too in this forum where everybody like me who is comparatively new to this forum browses this forum to share & most important learn from fellows like you who are "well established".

Please dont make situations which brings us into embarassment.

And if you really think I am on the wrong side then I am SORRY for that.

Is that fine for you?

I think I have communicated well this time!!!!
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh
    I donot want to make any type of issue for simple matters that is been blown out of proportions
    Then don't blow things out of proportions. You are saying things that I don't understand, so I ask for clarification. You are the one that then makes a big deal out of it.

This is another thread that is better off without my participation.
    edited 2008-08-05
    I HAVE NO REPLY FOR SUCH KIND OF BLAMING GAME..... :-#
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh
  • chandni23chandni23 Member Posts: 3
    This is my 1st post & I support you Santosh :)
    Thanks Chandni :) for your support.

But the main issue is not to gain support, or blame or give justification
    but this forum is for sharing information & be in good rapport with everyone.

These two kept in mind I will follow in future in Mibuso.
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh