FTPS (FTP SSL) Navision Automation

XypherXypher Member Posts: 297
I have done extensive searches in the forum on this topic but found only 3rd party programs or ftp.exe shell solutions.

Is there really noway to accomplish this using standard Windows/Navision Automation/OCXs?

I really don't like the idea of depending on a batch file or having to install a 3rd party program on every machine that has Navision access. ](*,)

Someone tell me some good news :|

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Check out http://www.ncftp.com/.

You still have to install it on every PC, but you might do it through Navision.

The beautiful thing is that you don't need to create a batchfile to run it. Together with DosShell you can make a beautiful solution.

You might also save the install packet in a blob in the DB. Then when a user launches the FTP, check if it is installed and if not, save the BLOB from the DB and install the packet.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• XypherXypher Member Posts: 297
    Lookin good, thanks, but what about FTPS ? I might be missing something but I don't see any support for this in ncftp :(
  • rvduurenrvduuren Member Posts: 92
    Hello,

If you'are familiar with c# coding you might wanna try this: SharpSsh, no need for expensive Automations etc.. Then combine this class with "How to create a Navision dll/ocx in Visual Studio 2005 .NET" optional combine with an installer (for deployement) and you'are done!
    SharpSSH is a pure .NET implementation of the SSH2 client protocol suite. It provides an API for communication with SSH servers and can be integrated into any .NET application (inc. SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP))

Edit: I found an even simpler C# solution :) -->
    Combine this class with "How to create a Navision dll/ocx in Visual Studio 2005 .NET".....

Good luck !
    Met vriendelijke groet, best regards,

Rvduuren
  • XypherXypher Member Posts: 297
    I don't need SFTP, I need FTPS :|

SSH File Transfer Protocol ≠ File Transfer Protocol SSL