Options

Can u help? Searching for NAV 5.0 exams

ConstantinosConstantinos Member Posts: 3
Hi everyone.
Me and my partner are planning to take some exams on NAV 5.0
Searching around the web i found a lot of sites offering study material
and questions that are highly likely to appear in the exams.

I've seen websites like Test King
(so many "test kings" websites/clones out there. Which one is the official??)

pass4sure is very good, but should the prices be so high (compared to other sites) ?

http://www.transcender.com/ looks very professional but I can't seem to find the exams i'm looking for.

I have even considered trying this http://www.aisnet.oxatis.com/ website
that pablo.passero keeps advertising :D
(has anyone tried it? Is it trust-worthy? What's your opinion?)

I am looking for exams on:

[ MB7-514 ] NAV 5.0 C/SIDE Introduction
[ MB7-515 ] NAV 5.0 Financials
[ MB7-516 ] NAV 5.0 C/SIDE Solution Development
[ MB7-517 ] NAV 5.0 Installation & Configuration
[ MB7-638 ] NAV 5.0 Trade & Inventory

Does anyone happen to have any of these?
Could you recommend a place to buy these exams?
I'm open to all suggestions :wink:

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Here's a novel idea.... How about getting the manuals and actually studying for these exams. Look at it as an investment in your skills and abilities, rather than a cheap trick to make it look like you're an expert.
  • Options
    ConstantinosConstantinos Member Posts: 3
    Whoa, sir reprimanding DenSter, sir!
    I never said we're not gonna study.
    We just want to add some more material to our study schedule,
    including some practice with actual questions and multiple choice answers
    to simulate the whole test procedure, for the sake of the experience.
    Nothing wrong with that, is it? O_o :-s
  • Options
    As long as exam preparation is all that you are after and you are going to study the training material. After all, the purpose of studying the training material is to become better at the exam topic, not to pass the test. Passing the certification test should be proof of a certain level of proficiency in that topic, not in your ability to memorize a certain number of sample questions. Unfortunately there are many people whose idea to get certified is to memorize exam questions, without ever looking at the training material.

From the way you asked your question it appeared to me that you were one of those people. You were talking about you and your partner, and finding certification exams while calling testking and pass4sure 'study material'. To me that sounded suspiciously like someone who wants to take a shortcut to getting NAV partner status without having to actually learn the material.

If my assessment is in any way off the mark, I stand corrected.
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Please stay away from such brain dump sites:
    Braindump users have compromised the IT Industry by reducing the value of certifications. Exam takers without solid IT experience are artificially passing exams to better their chances of employment in the industry. Unfortunately, as they become employed they do not provide companies with competant skill sets. This in turn makes them less valuable and reduces the salary IT workers are paid. Ultimately this makes the hard won certificatons by legitimate test takers with solid skills and experience suffer.
    More info:
    http://www.certguard.com/braindumps.asp
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_dump
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    Carlosr300Carlosr300 Member Posts: 2
    Hello all,

I would like to actually study for the 5.0 exams, however, all I seem to find is 'practice-test' simulations, are there any real study materials that would actually teach me about the application and C/SIDE concepts and how they are actually applied in the real world? Please help.

CR
  • Options
    Every exam has official training material, which you can download from customersource/partnersource, or you can purchase from Microsoft directly, through your NAV partner, from Rene Gayer's website (can't find the link at the moment) and possibly a few others as well.
  • Options
    Carlosr300Carlosr300 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to those who replied!