Pick & Pack - Does anyone has already dealing with this?

pa_toupa_tou Member Posts: 155
Hi all!
I am using NAV5 with WMS ADCS.

This is the situation:
I have items that are stored in Boxes and each Box is identify in the warehouse with and ID. Each Box contains several units of a particular item.
When I receive goods , I receive them in Boxes so I scan each Box. The system knows that I have XX units of that item in each box.
When I ship goods I shipped several boxes .

However, now I want to create a new Box buy puttiing inside the box X units of item A and Y units of item B.
Also , I want to be able to open an existing box, taking some units inside that box and creating a new box with those units.

How can I manage those scenarios in Navision and more important if possible on scanner?
All ideas are welcome as I am in a middle of customisations.

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    combining two items into one box will require creating a new item a (kit).
    On sales order the users have to provide the Kit number.
    I would use the bom journal to create the nee kit.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Just to expand on Rashed's theme...

Basically you are confusing two things. You are looking at WMS which is a way of tracking where ITEMS are in the warehouse. Specifically you may look at storing multiple items in the same bin, but there is no connection between the items. it just happens that they are next to one another.

Now what you are trying to do is somethign completely different. Now you want to pair the items in a particular combination, maybe so you can sell them together. In this case it has nothing to do with warehousing, since the assumption would be that the box of mixed items is really a kit, in this case sold as a kit.

To make this easier, just create a location with NO BINS, and use that location to test how kits work, and think away from WMS completely. Once you have the Kit issue solved, THEN go back and look at warehousing the kits.
    David Singleton