Open Items in Item Ledger Entries

lsalvolsalvo Member Posts: 12
G'Day from Downunder,

A question for the inventory experts. Currentl using Nav4 sp3 SQL

I have been reconciling my inventory lately, and noticed that my Inv Levels are woring on Item Avail and Item by location.
Dumped the Inv Ledger Entries and noticed that the difference is a bunch of lines (Sales Orders, Transfer Orders, BOM etc) which hava a status of Open and also have a 'Remaining Amount'. Now all Sales Order, Transfer Orders, BOm are posted and in History. Therefore WHY are then Open ?? and Remaining Qty.

Anyone with an answer on why and how to 'post / apply them; would be great.
There are never stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    lsalvo wrote:
    G'Day from Downunder,

A question for the inventory experts. Currentl using Nav4 sp3 SQL

I have been reconciling my inventory lately, and noticed that my Inv Levels are woring on Item Avail and Item by location.
    Dumped the Inv Ledger Entries and noticed that the difference is a bunch of lines (Sales Orders, Transfer Orders, BOM etc) which hava a status of Open and also have a 'Remaining Amount'. Now all Sales Order, Transfer Orders, BOm are posted and in History. Therefore WHY are then Open ?? and Remaining Qty.

Anyone with an answer on why and how to 'post / apply them; would be great.

are the balancing positive entries all fully posted?

Have you run inventory adjustment?
    David Singleton
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    If you use the Apply-From Entry function the ledger entries will remain open... :(
  • DonDyckDonDyck Member Posts: 6
    Open, unapplied item ledger entries in NAV can happen typically when inventory goes into negative quantity and then Applies-To / From entry is specified on a later transaction. In a FIFO scenario I've used Positive/Negative Adjustment entries posted from the Item Journal to correct making sure NOT to specify the Applies-To / Applies-From information.