how can I enter the No. Serie in one purchase order

novato76novato76 Member Posts: 11
Hi,

I am here again for to ask to you your help in the next problem:

I am doing a purchase order in the purchase module, I think there are all necesary datas by to post without problem, but when I try to post it I see a message it which say: "You must specify receiving No. Series in purchase header document type='order',No.='1'".

I have changed the setup of Purchases and payables in differents modes for I can to post the purchase order, but navision does not let me to post it. In the test report I see a message which say "Receiving No. Series must be entered" so I think the problem is I am not introducing a data correctly, but I don't know how intro the No. Serie in the purchase order, I don't know where is the field for fill this data.

Can someone help me please. Thanks very much.

Note: My navision version is the 4.0 sp1

Answers

• idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    This problem is most likely caused by incorrect/incomplete Purchase & Payables Setup at the time when the Purchase Order was created.
    Look for the field Receiving No. Series in the Purchase Header table & add in the correct receiving No. Series.
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • ajaykt_2000ajaykt_2000 Member Posts: 81
    Add receiving no series field in sales header and select series when receipt
    ajay k tripathi
    Functional Consultants
  • novato76novato76 Member Posts: 11
    idiot wrote:
    This problem is most likely caused by incorrect/incomplete Purchase & Payables Setup at the time when the Purchase Order was created.
    Look for the field Receiving No. Series in the Purchase Header table & add in the correct receiving No. Series.

Hi idiot thanks very much for your answer, but I can't to find that field, only I can see this field in the table No. 38 (purchase header) but it is not into any setup part, I have sourced it in the setup of purchase & payable but only I see a form with three tabs (General, numbering and local) and does not is this field, can you tell me please how I can see that field or in what form it is, or if I have to add this field at any form from the objets designer.

Excuseme for this inconvenience but I don't have many experience with navision 4 and it is urgent for me to develop the modules manufacturing and purchase and only this detail it is so that I can't to continue with my proyect. ](*,)
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    From the help

Receiving No. Series Field
    The Purchase Header Table

This field contains the code for the number series that will be used to assign a number to the receipt that will be created from the purchase document.

The program automatically copied the number series code from the Posted Receipt Nos. field in the Purchases & Payables Setup table. You can change the code.

It's under the Numbering tab.
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • novato76novato76 Member Posts: 11
    idiot wrote:
    From the help

Receiving No. Series Field
    The Purchase Header Table

This field contains the code for the number series that will be used to assign a number to the receipt that will be created from the purchase document.

The program automatically copied the number series code from the Posted Receipt Nos. field in the Purchases & Payables Setup table. You can change the code.

Thanks, thanks I can do it with your help, I send to you regards from Mexico. =D> =D>