Question on Chap3 - Introduction Course - Sample Comp.Cronus

erpnoviceerpnovice Member Posts: 11
Let me make a short description on the scenario of chapter 3 - Course 8324A: Introduction

I have made a Purchase Order to a Vendor. Then received the items which were shipped from that Vendor, together with Vendor Invoice. Vendor Invoice has been recorded, then I post a Payment to pay for Vendor Invoice.

When I check Vendor Ledger Entries, PO has closed and been balanced with the payment. However, in Item Ledger Entries, the receipt entries still open. I don't understand why it hasn't closed while I have received all items from Vendor?

Please explain to me the reason why and how to close the open receipt in Item Ledger Entries.

Thanks and best regards,
ERP Novice

Comments

• jordi79jordi79 Member Posts: 273
    Hi,

You must be referring to the "Open" status field in Item Ledger Entry. The Open status here means the item ledger entry still has remaining quantity that has yet to be sold. This does not mean, there are Purchases not yet received.

In short, when remaining quantity hits 0, the Open status field will be closed. Which means, when this line of item ledger entry has been completely sold, then Open status field will be false.

jordi
  • erpnoviceerpnovice Member Posts: 11
    I get your idea now.

Best regards,
    ERP Novice