How do you import data in csv into a form?

kolaboykolaboy Member Posts: 446
Hi Experts,
I have been trying to import some data that is in CSV into a form which will be looked into and if fine ok, then it will be posted. I don't know how to do this.
Can some Explain to me how i can do this.
Thanks

Comments

• McClaneMcClane Member Posts: 40
    you could create a dataport to import your data into a temporary table, show this data in a form to check if it´s okay an then copy it to the destination you want.
  • kolaboykolaboy Member Posts: 446
    I don't need the data into a temp. table. I need it in a form say a journal and then post it. I need it on an already created form which will be use to post the data.
    Thanks
  • Sandeep_PrajapatiSandeep_Prajapati Member Posts: 151
    Import the data in the source table of the form with proper validation. After import you can look into the data for its accuracy and then can post it.
    I hope it helps you... O:)
    Sandeep Prajapati
    Technical Consultant, MS Dynamics NAV
  • kolaboykolaboy Member Posts: 446
    I hope if i Import the data in the source table of the form with proper validation will the data not be in the table?
    I want the data on the form first which will processed or checked and then Post to go to the table.
    How can i achieve this?
    Step by Step Explanation would be great.
    Thanks
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    A form only shows the info that is stored in a table.

You will not be able to show anything in a form if you don't have it in a table to begin with.

So the a form is usually based on SOME table. You would have to import your data into the table that corresponds to the form your talking about
  • Cem_KaraerCem_Karaer Member Posts: 281
    I think form has no utility to contain any data. Forms only show the contents of their source tables.
    Cem Karaer @ Pargesoft
    Dynamics NAV Developer since 2005
  • XypherXypher Member Posts: 297
    (Which is why you should import first to a temp table if you want to view/process the information before making actual changes to the table in the database (As McClane suggested). Yes you can display a temporary table on a form.)
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Sounds unanimous!

Some type of table needed to hold your data so it can be displayed by the form :mrgreen: