SMTP error

clemboclembo Member Posts: 122
I'm using codeunit 400 to send an email.
I'm using my SBS2003 Server as SMTP serve but when I try to send an email it shows an error: "The SMTP mail system returned the following error: (0x80040213)

How I can solve this problem?

Comments

• XypherXypher Member Posts: 297
    Well I am sure you have googled the 0x80040213 error and found what this translates to (The transport failed to connect to the server).

Have you inserted any records within the 'SMTP Mail Setup' table? Or are you using a different method of supplying server [+credentials] ?

Either way, are you able to:
      1. Resolve the SMTP Server Host Name 2. Verify on the server it is listening on port 25 for you are not at liberty to choose which port to connect to using Codeunit 400 3. Connect to the server using any other methods (telnet, outlook, etc)

Here is a good link you can give a try.
  • clemboclembo Member Posts: 122
    Yes. I have inserted the parameter setup.
    Yes I ping the server and resolve its name.
  • XypherXypher Member Posts: 297
    clembo wrote:
    Yes. I have inserted the parameter setup.
    Yes I ping the server and resolve its name.

Pinging really wont help you out in this situation. Good you can resolve the host name, but have you actually tried to connect to the server via port 25 using some alternative method?

example:

(Command Prompt): telnet sbs2003-smtp-host 25
    Yes, using Telenet I can connect...
    Strange think is that I have Acronis Backup Software that send an email when finish work and all it's ok.
    In this software I have inserted only Server name (smtp server, same Navision) and destination address....
  • Hi!

I just board this thread because I'm having the same problem.

I have two machines. Both are using the same Navision application (5.0). When I try to send a mail from the first computer then everything works. If I do it from the second machine I get the error 0x80040213

I know that the error states that there is no connection. But I tried to telnet to the server and I even "spoke" in SMTP with it to send a mail. The server replied in the correct way.

Where does the mail component come from? Is it something that is installed when installing navision or is it something included in outlook or some other application?

Michael
  • ChowdaryChowdary Member Posts: 148
    Xypher wrote:
    Well I am sure you have googled the 0x80040213 error and found what this translates to (The transport failed to connect to the server).

Have you inserted any records within the 'SMTP Mail Setup' table? Or are you using a different method of supplying server [+credentials] ?

Either way, are you able to:
      1. Resolve the SMTP Server Host Name 2. Verify on the server it is listening on port 25 for you are not at liberty to choose which port to connect to using Codeunit 400 3. Connect to the server using any other methods (telnet, outlook, etc)

Here is a good link you can give a try.

Hi Xypher

can you plz tell me abt this port 25
    I really don't know abt this, it wud be so grateful if u can help me
    Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work