Wrong Consumption entries

KSP_NAVKSP_NAV Member Posts: 68
Hi,

Using Subcontracting order, the Raw Materials (Backward Flushing) has been consumed and despatched to the vendor location and received as finished good.

Then, if we change the status of production order to "Finished", an error pop's up stating the Quantity is not on inventory (Vendor Location).

For time being, using Reclass Jnl we have transferred the Raw Materials to Vendor Location and if we change the status to "Finished" then the Raw Materials has been consumed twice.

Whilst if we use flushing method as Manual for Raw Material, the system works fine.

Has anyone faced this problem?

Comments

• cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    It seems that you don't use routinglinks to connect rawmaterial to the subcontracting operation. Beacause you don't use routinglinks the material is flushed when you change status, if you use routinglinks then material is flushed when you do the receipt on the purchase order.
    It should work but I have a vague memory that it was a problem with this in a version maybe 4.0 without any SP. Have you tried the setup in another version?

If it doesn't work pls provide more info about the routing and the BOM how do you consume the raw material etc.

Item A - Flushing Method (Manual)
    Routing - Only a workcentre is defined with Routing Link Code With Run Time
    BOM - Item B (qty per = 2) with the same routing link code

Item B - Flushing Method (Backward)

After creating a subcontracting order, the quantities are sent (Delivery Challan - from comp location to vendor location) properly and
    if i try to receive (after applying the delivery challan) then the error pops up.

Please suggest me if i am wrong anywhere.
    When you send the item B to subcontractor then you are doing this manually using item reclass. journal or transfer order I suppose?

In the production components what is the location code for item B? It should be the vendor location where the item is. You have to change this manually.

As long as you only send the items required to the subcontractor and you don't have any inventory at the subcontractor it might be a better idea to flush material as you send it to the subcontractor.

Please see below for my entire subcon order flow.

Using Item Reclass. Jnl, a transfer has been made for 20 units (which should be consumed) to Location WH.

1. Set Production Component Location as WH (in released prod. order)
    2. Created a Subcontracting Order using subcon worksheet
    3. On the "Order Subcontracting Details" form, i have set the Company Location as HEAD and Vendor Location as WH and sent the Quantities.
    4. On the "Receipt Details" tab, when i try to receive the Quantities by applying it to Delivery Challan, the consumption happens twice.

I'm not sure where the mistake is. Please give your suggestion.
  • thinafansthinafans Member Posts: 88
    Hi,

For the subcontracting item you should not use the flushing method as backward and also the routing link code.

If you use this diffeneatly you will face the problem of twise consumption.

Example:

Item A - Parent item

Item B - Sub item

If you subcontracting the item A ,you can choose the flushing method as Backward in the item card A.

But for the sub item B, which you are sending to the vendor,for that you should not choose the flushing method as Backward.You have choose the manual flushing.

Bcoz while send to vendor automatically system will use the Reclassification journal and while receiving automatically system will use the consumption journal and the out put journal.

In this case if you use flushing method as backward with routing linkcode there will mismatch.

Regards,

THINA
    Backward flushing on components at subcontractor works, if it is best practice or not can be discussed.
    I'm not sure I get the whole picture of how you process the order so I'll describe how I would do.
    1. Create a released production order.
    2. Run the subcontracting work sheet and create a purchas order.
    3. Send the components to your vendor using tem reclass journal
    4. From the purchase order post receive.
    When you post receive an output is made on that operation and if you have any component linked to that operation there will be consumption of them.
    5. Change status on prod.order no additional postings should be made in this step.

If you always send the exakt quantity components needed to produce you item to your vendor then I wouldn´t use backward flushing. Instead I should use manual (or mabe forward) and I would make the consumption when I send the components to the vendor so that the dissaper from your inventory and becomes WIP. This doesn't affect balance accounts or the result. But however if you send larger quantities to your subcontractor so tat the have your components in stock for a while the backward flushing is good practice to use.
    Can you pl be more specific Regarding my question.
    Thanks in advance
    I've realized that in India you have a special subcontracting adddon which I thnk you use?
    You need help from some one who knows how this addon works.
    My answers has been based on standard NAV wher it works fine :)
    I am also facing the same kind of problem.
    we are using standard NAV without any add-on (i.e. without adv. prodn. subcontract granule)
    As suggested by one of our friends and also as per course 8361B Manf II (page-141)
    when i do for the following transaction,
    - Run the subcontracting work sheet and create a purchase order.
    Instead of getting a purchase order, I get an error message "You do not have permission to insert into the sub order component list table." I am a super user. Thanx
    My friend is "Search the Forum"