5.0 SP1 MultiLanguage

HartleyHartley Member Posts: 9
What happend to ENC and FRA langauages in 5.0SP1NA code. It was in 5.0NA. Was this an oversight?

How do I get them back so that a change log between base 5.0NA and base 5.0SP1NA is not huge becuase the ENC and FRA are now gone?

Thanks.

Answers

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    They have created a separate db for Canada and Mexico. From What I heard that it is the same db as US except the language packs. To get the language packs.

You need to download the canadian cd and export the ENC and FRC language packs out of the db and import them into the US.

You will need to export date and time and modified flag out first so that you can reset them back to the original date.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • HartleyHartley Member Posts: 9
    Thanks.

What I actually did was download the ENC and FRC language packs from the Navision Website. I was able to do most of the steps. However neither one of the ENC and FRC files have the .flm file that is needed to import the language in the application.

I find that if I try the ENG language, it has the .flm file. What is wrong with the ENC and FRC language packs? I don't need the languages for my own objects, but rather just the base Navision objects so I thought I could just download the normal language packs and install them.
    If your client is not using them, then you don't need the language packs.
    They are no longer part of base Navision US at least.

This is one of changes MS NA has been done for 5.0 sp1.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

Actually I just downloaded the latest version called 5.00SP1NA_FULL and it has ENC and FRC.

Unfortunatly it also has ESM for Mexico. So my compare logs will still come up with lots and lots and lots of differences.

However I think I can either delete the ESM language through Navision or by exporting to text and using macros to delete lines with 'ESM='

Why does Navision delay stuff like this?
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    use the export functionality from inside the NAV client, and check the box to delete the language layer. If you don't want to have the modified flag checked for all objects, you will have to export object fields before exporting the language layer, and import them back afterward. That way you can keep all modified flags, dates, and other fields in the object designer, if that is important to you.
    Thanks, that saves me some experimenting.

I do want to preserve the object dates, times and modify flags etc. What do you mean by export the object "fields". If I export the objects, delete the language then import the objects again the language comes back.

How do I export and import object fields?
    Create a dataport based on the object table, select the fields you want, you'll recognize them from the object designer.
    Thanks for your help Daniel.

I wrote the dataport and performed the export.
    I exported/deleted the language.
    However when I run the dataport to import the Object table data again I get the following message:

You cannot modify table data in the object table. Modify the table definition instead.

Table: User Role

This is the message I was receiving on other attempts as well. Do you have a workaround for this? I do need to get the modify flag and dates and times back to their original values for the compare to work properly.
    Is there any further comments on this before I do this the hard way?
    You can skip the 20 million rage tables
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

Sorry I've been away for a little bit. Skipping the system tables should do the trick. I've done this many times so it should work.
    I excluded the 20 Million "system" objects.

All that did was now error on the "Payment Terms" table instead.

Are you sure lowly solution centers have permissions to modify data in the Object table directly? I can't even modify the Object table data directly.

I am just running a dataport to export some fields (all except the BLOBs and the "DBM Table No.") from the Object table on all objects (except 20 million). Then removing the ESM language from all objects (except 20 Million). This step turns on all the modify flags and changes all dates and times. Then running the same dataport to now import the file back again (No need to exclude here since 20 million fields were not exported) to reset the Modify, Date and Time fields. This is where the error occurs.

Am I missing a step someplace?

Thanks.
  • jreynoldsjreynolds Member Posts: 175
    There is an object type of "TableData" and another of "Table". It sounds like you are getting hung up on the "TableData". Try modifying your dataport to exclude this object type.
    Thanks jreynolds, that was the final missing piece.

I can still work with the 20 Millon numbered objects while the tabledata is handled correctly.

The compare now works great!

Thanks everyone.
  • vocvoc Member Posts: 11
    hey guys,

i have the same problem, as mentioned above...
    i also tried your solution, and it seems to work (no errors), but nothing changes, that means, the status of "modified", the date and the time are still the old ones...

could it be that it is a problem, that i use an older version (nav 3.60) or am i doing maybe something wrong?!

thanks in advance!
    claus
    What do you mean nothing changes?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini