Options

Becoming a new NAV reseller - requirements?

boywonderboywonder Member Posts: 179
edited 2008-07-07 in General Chat
Hi guys

I have been working on NAV for many years now as an independant consultant and have helped lined many dealers pockets :wink:

I have now been offered the opportunity of a large and very interesting project. It will be at least 50 concurrent users of NAV plus development tools, CRM and other bits & pieces.

I know how to setup a company, VAT registration etc. I also have a NAV developer available to me so that I am not alone and I will recruit along the way....

Of course I need to speak to Microsoft but in the first instance I would very much appreciate your opinions on what will be required for me to get on and sell / design this system?

Obviously I am going to need my own development license rather than using each NSC's that I work for.

Is this something they provide before exam certification?

Comments

• Options
    nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    I already helped 2 companies becoming NSC. Before Navision became a Microsoft product, to be a NSC was difficult and companies are careful selected. These days If I ‘m not in mistake you just need to have minimum certification to became a NSC.

Became a NSC for only a project can a risk. I already have seen many companies going that way and closing after project was ended.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Same here.
    My first employer started to be NAV solution center because of one customer. This is not a good focus (so I left :)).

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog