Automatic Costing Method

lallylally Member Posts: 323
Hi,

Experts u had done lot of projects on navision . I am expecting an answer from u regarding AUTOMATIC COSTING METHOD In inventory setup. What is your suggestion on these. What is the best method Do I need to place a check for Always or Do I need to run the A.I.C. E & Post Inventory cost to G/L at non working hours. Please share u r ideas regarding this issue.
Please let me know Which method U followed.

Thanks and regards
lally

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It depends on the installation. If there are just few users and few postings per period, you can use the automatic adjusting. But for mid and big installation, running the batches in non working time is a must.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • JaspreetJaspreet Member Posts: 10
    I agree with Kline that it depends on the number of transactions and Users.
    Just to put you in perspective I have seen the Automatic Cost Adjustment 'Always' work absolutely fine in a companies having 150 concurrent licences and about 300 sales invoices being posted daily.

Please note if your are using a costing method other than Average cost and want to run the batch jobs periodically, the profitability reports which show 'sale price - cost of good sold', may not in some cases show the accurate result unless th batch job is posted.

eg: Item A has a costing method FIFO.
    We have two open Purchase lines i.e.:
    01/01/01 Purchase 1 $100
    01/03/01 Purchase 1 $120
    So when we make a sale for $ 130 the system will book a COGS of $115 and then after the batch job is run it will update the COGS to $100. But if a User runs a profitabity report, before the batch job has been run, he will see a profit figure of $15, rather than $30.
  • hansikahansika Member Posts: 373
    Dear experts,

From above explanations what I could understand
    If I want to run the Batch job AICE, Post cost to G/L periodically at non working hours then these must be
    Automatic cost posting = No
    Expected cost posting = No
    Automatic cost Afjustment = NO
    Is it correct ?
    If I don’t want to run the Batch job AICE, Post cost to G/L periodically at non working hours then these must be
    Automatic cost posting = Yes
    Expected cost posting = YES
    Automatic cost Afjustment = YES
    Is it correct ?

Let me know what is proper method ?
    What is the period to run the AICE, Post cost to G/L Batch jobs that means daily , or weekly, 15 days….

Throw some light to comeout from dark. #-o
    hansika