Excel Stylesheets in 5.0 with decimal code fields

BGIBGI Member Posts: 176
We have an item no. as follows : 900.000.001
When we export to excel (with the default excel button on top of the screen) from within navision 5.0 we get a decimal field (900.000.001,00)

Is there a way around this?
PS. As we are in belgium thousand seperator = . and decimal point = ,
Rgds
Benny Giebens

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    That means that value is OK, but you want to format it as integer?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • BGIBGI Member Posts: 176
    No, the value is ok, but excel formats it as an integer, and in fact it should be a text field. (item no. is in fact a code field...)

So if we can pass it as '900.000.001 to excel (what we do if we do it via code and the excel buffer), its ok... but not via style sheet export to excel...
    Rgds
    Benny Giebens
  • ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    Can you use a template for the export? In this you can preformat the column as text.
  • BGIBGI Member Posts: 176
    ajhvdb wrote:
    Can you use a template for the export? In this you can preformat the column as text.

I think there are 2 problems with that:
    - i don't see how you can make a template with the toolkit for excel (word no problem), or maybe I am missing something here?
    - if it is possible with the toolkit, i think we have to make a template for every form, and we want to leave it as standard as possible....

if we simply could preformat for excel every code, text, ...field type with a ' in front of it, it should be resolved......but the trick is where to do it?
    As far as i can the creation of the xml with the data is not in c/al but in the exe of navision....
    Rgds
    Benny Giebens
  • maheshmahesh Member Posts: 115
    Hi,
    Im also facing the same problem.

My client wants to transfer Order list, Quote list, Invoice list to excel with by defualt functionality. In list, i have enabled Amount column. They used to have some analysis in excel, they can draw different kind of charts etc..

But the problem is everything is transferred in TEXT only, even Amount field also.
    So excel decimal functions like sum, Average, count,max, min doesn't work.

If anyone know to edit XML template to transfer decimal values, please let me know.
    Best Regards,
    Mahesh Jain
    mahesh@reliconservices.com
  • xStepaxStepa Member Posts: 106
    mahesh wrote:
    But the problem is everything is transferred in TEXT only, even Amount field also.
    So excel decimal functions like sum, Average, count,max, min doesn't work.

If anyone know to edit XML template to transfer decimal values, please let me know.

Hi, this should be solved in Update1. You can also fix it manualy, but it didn't work to me ...

MS: "When you export a number to an Excel worksheet, the number is formatted as text instead of as a number. Therefore, Microsoft Dynamics NAV does not consider the regional thousand separator as expected."

Search for "export excel nav" at google for manual fix ...
    Regards
    xStepa