Can sorts be saved?

creaturecreature Member Posts: 3
I want the sort that I make on a list to "stick" for the next time I view that list. Should the zup file automatically handle this for me?
Here are some Form properties and their values that I have set: SourceTableView = Undefined, SaveTableView = Yes, SaveValues = Yes

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    creature wrote:
    I want the sort that I make on a list to "stick" for the next time I view that list. Should the zup file automatically handle this for me?
    Here are some Form properties and their values that I have set: SourceTableView = Undefined, SaveTableView = Yes, SaveValues = Yes

Which form and how are you calling it.

One very common mistake in NAV is that users go to a card form. then they hit F5 and open the list. They then sort the list find a record and return to the card.

Now next time you open the list will NOT remember your last sorting. WHY?

Because when you Hit F5, it copies all filters and sorting from the card. So you need to sort the Card Form BEFORE you hit F5.
    David Singleton
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    your sort are stored in your zup file, but not by following:

you open a from from a lookuptable, or you have a codesnippes in your form, that ther sort will auto. go back to the "default"
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • creaturecreature Member Posts: 3
    Thanks to both of you for your reply which were very helpful. Thanks for the clarification about first sorting at the card view before viewing the list. That advice helped with viewing things like vendors.
    From your answers it appears that navision does not allow sorting to "stick" when viewing General Ledger entries because there is not a card view and it is only visible through a look up table.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    creature wrote:
    From your answers it appears that navision does not allow sorting to "stick" when viewing General Ledger entries because there is not a card view and it is only visible through a look up table.

Correct, but if you have a standard sort you need, then its just a few minutes work for you Partner to make this happen.
    David Singleton