Licence Permission

shivaprasad263shivaprasad263 Member Posts: 70
Hi,

I am trying to modify Vendor Ledger entry custom field with client license. Log in as super. I am getting the error as "you do not have permission to modify records in vendor ledger entry table".

Client license information for the vendor ledger entry table :

Read Insert Modify Delete
Table Data Yes Indirect Indirect Indirect
Table Yes Yes Yes Yes

It allows me to modify with developer license. But can we do with the client license with the above permissions.

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    a license of a customer doesn't allow to modify the Entries. Only with a full developer license you can do this.
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • shivaprasad263shivaprasad263 Member Posts: 70
    garak wrote:
    a license of a customer doesn't allow to modify the Entries. Only with a full developer license you can do this.

Do you mean with customer licence we can't modify any Ledger Entries, even custom fields?
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    garak wrote:

Do you mean with customer licence we can't modify any Ledger Entries, even custom fields?

Yes, that is true. The question I ask is "Why would a customer need (or want) to modify ANY ledger entry". If you are under the impression that editing ledgers is normal practice then your NSC needs to sit you down and explain the concept of system integrity. If a developer placed fields on the ledger table that they expect you to directly update then they need to be dragged out to the woodshed. :roll:
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.