Planning Issue in 5.0 SP1: Prod. Qty. is twice of the demand

KowaKowa Member Posts: 923
For an Item I have 2 SKUs with Locations A and B, SKU Location A has Replenishment System "Transfer" ( from Location B ), and SKU Location B has Replenishment System "Prod. Order"

"Manufacturing Policy" is "Make-to-Order" in both SKUs.

I then create an order for 100 pcs, go to the Requisition Worksheet, call the Report "Calculate Plan". This generates two lines, one over 100 pcs to be transferred from B to A ( which is correct ), and a second line for 200 pcs ( not 100 as I would expect ) for a Production Order in Location B.

Is it possible to use the Requisition Worksheet like this, and if yes, why is the Production Qty. twice of the demand ? I have debugged CU Inventory Profile Offsetting for quite some time but I have no production backgrund so I'm not sure if it can be handled this way. Or do I have to use the Form Order Planning instead to create Prod. Orders ?

Version : NAV 5.0 SP1
Kai Kowalewski

Comments

• cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    You should use planning worksheet if you wan to create production orders however the calculation is the same. have you tried to use button function - order tracking there you can see why you get the demand and in 5.0SP1 you can see more in detail why you get the demand.
    I agree that the result would be 100 pcs in both cases.

If I open the order tracking form for the second line, it shows the second line again ( with the wrong qty of 200 ), if I then press the "Show" button , it shows me the first requisition line with the transfer ( with the 100 pcs, this would make sense, but why has the second line the 200 pcs in it ?).

It appears to me that the first requisition line created in the planning is regarded as an additional demand qty on top of the sales order qty in location A when the second line is calculated.

I checked the code in the Inventory Profile Offsetting Codeunit and the routine does create demand and supply entries based on existing requisition lines, but I don't understand why this happens if the requisition worksheet is empty when I do the planning.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • KowaKowa Member Posts: 923
    I've just created the same item and SKU setup on a 4.0 SP3 and a 5.0 Version, and the planning there gives me the correct 100 pcs for the production order in the requisition worksheet. Seems to be a bug in 5.0 SP1.
    The Inventory Profile Offsetting Codeunit has undergone some severe modifications from 5.0 to 5.0 SP1. :roll:
    Kai Kowalewski
  • cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    The planning engine has been rewritten in order to create better tracking of demand. There are unfortunately other bugs regarding planning in 5.0SP1 due to the code changes.