Remaining quantity

vasamvasam Member Posts: 53
edited 2009-01-11 in Navision Financials
Hi to all

Can somebody please tell me how the remaining quantity is calculated in the item ledger entries. We have enouph quantity in the appropriate location but when we try to post transfer order to another location, it is shown that this item is not on inventory.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Check the "Reserved quantity" on the ledger entries. If the quantity is reserved for something else, you cannot transfer it.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • vasamvasam Member Posts: 53
    Thank you for your answer.
    Yes we have checked reserved quantity but is nothing there. It looks like the remaining quantity is calculated on a daily basis which is wrong. So instead of calculating the remaining quantity in Item ledger entries on location bases, it is calculated daily for some appropriate item. Also when we make sum to the quantity column, it is not the same as the sum in the remaining quantity comumn. What might be the reason for this?
    How can be changed calculating the remaining quantity not by location but by day?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    The remaining quantity is calculated on-line. Each negative Item Ledger Entry will be applied to some positive entry with remaining quantity. Of course there are exceptions (like selling into negative stock etc.). But the sum of Qantity and Remaining quantity must be same. If it is not, there is some wrong data made by user/partner, customization or bug in your database. E.g. some "mistake corrections" etc. when are done without thinking and good knowledge, can make this disproportion. I recommend to ask you partner or some senior consultant what can be wrong...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • dynuserdynuser Member Posts: 48
    Hi
    If you are using QC module and if any rejections are happened for this item in this location,There might be enough inventory.But it is not available for consumption or for posting the transfer order.You need to check the quanity rejected in the posted QC Decisions(If you are using QC module).
    When consumption happens for an item, it will be consumed against one or more item ledger entries and the remaining quantity gets changed when the consumption happens againt this item ledger entry.You can see this by looking on the Functions->Applied Entries in the item ledger entries form.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Have a look at the item availability - does it actually match your sum of the remaining quantity, I would guess not as the stock is already being used for another process and is therefore not technically available for the transfer order. You need to look at the active demand and supply chain for that item and understand what is happening.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen