Assigning Serial Number During Production Order

sriram_venkatsriram_venkat Member Posts: 129
Hi

My client is using NAV 5.0. During creation of sales order, he assigns Serial Number to an item. This serial number should be carried over to production till dispatch of the FG Item (Given in sales order).

We do order planning for the sales order and a firm planned production order gets created. When we get into that production order, we are not seeing the Serial No given for that FG.

Even in Line -> Item tracking, the serial number is visible and we are not able to choose that serial no.

Please help us in carrying on the same serial number from sales order -> production -> dispatch. This serial number is key as the client is using this serial number for tracking purpose.

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• sriram_venkatsriram_venkat Member Posts: 129
    Please give me a suggestion for the issue mentioned by me?

Thanks

Sriram
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    This is not how the system works, you would need to modify it to achieve this.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • jordi79jordi79 Member Posts: 273
    Hi Sriram,

Instead of using the raw material's serial no. as the finished good's serial no, I would recommend a report that can track the raw material's serial no.

For example... if my FG has several Raw material of different Serial Nos, how would I cater for this? It would be best to have a report that can track the raw material's serial no.

This should not be difficult to write, as all this information is in your production order. But I think, things will get complicated if there are several levels of production orders. But this needs to be studied, and will be more effective and less customisation involved.