V5 Stylesheets with different versions of Office

bob_halesbob_hales Member Posts: 22
Have installed V5 (on SQL) on server. Have installed clients on individual workstations and access to NAV is fine.
However, when using style sheets if the clients desktop has Office 2003 installed then it all works fine if not then it fails.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Bob
Bob Hales

Comments

• TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    Well, it seems stylesheets works with Office 2003 and 2007. Therefore, if user does not have office, what would you expect nav to do?
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Seems pretty obvious to me that when you want to export to excel .. that you have excel on your system. If you want to drive a car ... you have to have a car ... :|.

Don't think this is what you mean, so if you would like to elaborate some more ...

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • bob_halesbob_hales Member Posts: 22
    Apologies...

What I meant was if the version of Office installed on a workstation is 2003 then all works OK. If the Office version is NOT 2003 then it doesn't work. On this particular site I have a mixture of Office 2003 and Office 2007 installed on workstations.
    I'm installing the NAV V5 client from the same source on all workstations and NAV itself works OK in all cases...
    Bob Hales
    So it works on 2003 but not on 2007??

Eric Wauters
    My blog
    Yes - works with 2003 and not 2007
    Bob Hales
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Strange.. It's usually the other way around.

Can you tell us the error message when you tried to export to Excel?
    There was no message on some just no activity at all. On others it was the normal message to C/AL programmers about lack of object registration..

However, on further investigation the new(ish) Office 2007 installs may not have been carried out correctly and in some cases limited to the installer user...

After re-install of Office 2007 the link is now working correctly on all workstations.

Regards
    Bob Hales
    OK, that's seems like the normal behaviour afterall.
    :)

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • fab_manzellafab_manzella Member Posts: 13
    got to install MSXML 4.0 and MSXML 6.0.
  • selece28selece28 Member Posts: 316
    Hi Nav masters,
    My client is using Nav 5.00
    After reading this thread, it seems that i'm having the same problems.
    What if my client using office 2002, we encounter some error when exporting to excel.
    Another question is. IF my client's server is using open office, can it run the export to excel? Is there any other way using the export to excel function without installing Microsoft Office?

Please give me advice,

Thanks in advance

Regards,
    Steven
    Office 2002 is not working for this.

OpenOffice is definitely not supported (would be weird, wouldn't it?). You have to install Microsoft Excel 2003 or 2007.

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    Our AddOn (look in my signature) does work with Office 2000 and higher.

It all works the same as the "Send To" button.

Open Office integration is coming but does work if you export as csv and open in Open office.

Note:
    Word 2002 doesn't work. Excel 2002 Does. Do a search on this forum. This was investigated by someone.