Back up Restoration

vijayandersonvijayanderson Member Posts: 207
edited 2008-11-12 in Navision Financials
Dear Friend ,

When i restore the back up i get the following error ,kindly help me in sorting it out.

You cannot delet or change the type of the description 2 field ( in the item table) before the value in the field is reduced to 0(zero) or " (blank) in all records. This message occurred because a nonzero value was found for the record No.= 'Carbide-007' in company Prim company

Thanks to you all in advance for reply

Answers

• AlbertvhAlbertvh Member Posts: 516
    Hi

Are there objects in this database already? You can try and create a new database and restore into the new database and see if you get the same error.

It would seem that someone has changed the Description 2 field from type Text to something else or has removed it completly.

Hope this helps

Albert
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You are trying to restore company into database, where are already some objects and data. But in your backup is one fields, which is not now in your target database. You need to restore backup into new clean database or you need to sync objects in the database into same state as when the backup was restored...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • vijayandersonvijayanderson Member Posts: 207
    Thanks all for the reply.. i got a solution, i tried to restore old company into newly customized db, rather in new db..

Regards,
    Vijayan
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Why are you removing Description 2 field? That is a standard NAV field.
    Nothing has been removed. new field was added after taking backup and when we tried to restore the old backup to the existing DB the error message was displayed.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    You cannot delet or change the type of the description 2 field ( in the item table) before the value in the field is reduced to 0(zero) or " (blank) in all records. This message occurred because a nonzero value was found for the record No.= 'Carbide-007' in company Prim company
    The "Description 2" field in the Item table is a standard field. You don't get this message unless you are trying to import a modified object where that field is removed.

It's not a big deal, it's your database, you can do whatever you like. I was just curious.
    Thanks Daniel