How to post the purchase lines

lakshmanlakshman Member Posts: 44
Dear All,
I given 10 items (10 purchase line created) to one purchhase header but i assign lotnos to some items. wheneve i post the lines then post all the lines whose lines having lotnos. please suggest me....

Thanks & Regards:
lakshman[/u]
Best Regards,
Lakshman Routu
http://lakshman-routu.blogspot.in/

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    set the quantity to receive field to the quantity you are receiving for the lots defined.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • srinivas.chittemsrinivas.chittem Member Posts: 142
    Hi lakshman,

One simple solution ( may be useful )

put One boolean filed in Purchase line.. when ever u set the lot number to that field, mean while Set that boolean field to TRUE.

Next When u post the lines only Updated TRUE................
    Regards,
    srinivas
    "Delighting Customers.... Through Delivery Excellence" .
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Why make it more complicated? If you're going to put in place logic to determine whether there is something to post, use standard NAV fields for this.

The Quantity To Receive determines how much will be posted. Lines with a zero value in that field will not be posted. Try setting this field to zero on all lines of a purchase order and try to post a receipt. You will get an error message saying "there is nothing to post". If you are going to modify the system, THAT is where you should modify it.
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    DenSter wrote:
    Why make it more complicated? If you're going to put in place logic to determine whether there is something to post, use standard NAV fields for this.

I absolutely agree with this. There MUST not be any play with the system until and unless there is no wayout. And I have seen that a lot many little modifications actually kill the system.
    Regards,

Deep
    India