Options

Error in Employee portal while selecting NEP template

rajpatelbcarajpatelbca Member Posts: 178
edited 2009-03-30 in Navision e-Commerce
Hi Experts,

I am working on Nav 5.0 with SQL server 2005. I am configuring Employee portal for Demonstration company Cronus UK Ltd.

I have installed following installer.

Windows 2003 with active directory services.
.Net Framework 2.0 & 3.0
Share point services 3.0.
Navision Client with Employee portal
Navision Application Server with Employee portal components.
Installed Employee portal fornt end Latest downloaded Employee Portal setup from partner source. (NEP50W1.exe).

I have configured Navision Application Server 5.0 with startup parameter NEP-1. This is running successfully with no error in event log. I can select the web parts and its showing me data from Navision correctly. I have read installation manual but I don’t find the actual problem. ](*,)

While the installing a Navision Employee portal front end it is looking for Web.config file anybody know which path I have to give it.

Anybody know how can I open demo site?

When I am trying to select Nep Template then its showing me following error.
Windows SharePoint Services version 2 templates are not supported in this version of the product. at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.ApplyWebTemplate(String bstrUrl, String& bstrWebTemplate, Int32& plWebTemplateId)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.ApplyWebTemplate(String bstrUrl, String& bstrWebTemplate, Int32& plWebTemplateId)

Any ideas are welcome.
Thanks in Advance…
Regards,
Experience Makes Man Perfect....
Rajesh Patel

Comments

• Options
    IHateLinuxIHateLinux Member Posts: 223
    Hi,

the issue is that in the installer package for WSS 3.0 the templates for WSS2.0 are included.

Therefore you can not use the NEP template.

Instead, create a new site in your WSS environment and do the configuration as you want and then export this site as template.

HTH,
    Rainer
  • Options
    elliscgelliscg Member Posts: 12
    I am having the same error as above - Windows SharePoint Services version 2 templates are not supported in this version of the product. Can you explain your solution a bit more?
  • Options
    elliscgelliscg Member Posts: 12
    Can anyone help here?