BA Configurator Error

brainpowerbrainpower Member Posts: 7
Hi everyone, and thanks in advance for all answers you can provide me.
I've already searched in previous topics, but i can't be able to find an answer to my problem.
This is what happens:
I'm trying to install Business Analytics on my machine (Windows Vista Business 64 bit SP1, SQL Server 2005, Dynamics NAV 5.0 SP1). I've followed initial steps to set up the configurator, and the first part of the process was successfull (all configurator requirements gives "Success" status).
But, when i push the "Next" button, the system processes the first two steps, but STOPS and gives a runtime error on the third step ("Create SQL Server Database").
I checked the ba.log file, and the last row in the file said 'Create table "nG_LAccount"'. No other rows under.
And the Event Viewer doesn't report any explaining message.

What could be the problem? In what am i wrong?
Thanks all, i'm so confused...

Brainpower.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Check if your account has enough privileges to create new DB on the SQL (best is to use sys_admin role for you account when using BA - but of course it is not Best Practice...).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • brainpowerbrainpower Member Posts: 7
    Thanks a lot kine, but i've already tried to assign "sysadmin" privileges to my account, but the situation doesn't change.
    And i also tried to login with "sa" user: nothing.
    Run-time error continues to appear, and the configurator stops.
    What's wrong?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Than you can try to enable logs of SSAS queries and look into them...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    kine wrote:
    Than you can try to enable logs of SSAS queries and look into them...

I've tried to analize queries generated by the Configurator during Install process, using SQL Server Profiler, but without any valuable result. Then, i've setted up the "SQL Server Error and Usage Reporting" Tool to write Analysis Service and Integration Service error in log files, but without results...
    Bah...
    Can the SQL Server 2005 version be the cause of the problems?
    I've installed the SP2...
    Thanks a lot one more time...
    Updates with my problem:

i downloaded a new version of BA packet (Configurator.exe, CFRONT.DLL, "Common" folder) and installed it in the same path of previous one.
    Now, when i'm connected on my pc with a domain user, the Configurator STOPS and EXITS immediately; otherwise, if i logon with the Administrator account, the Configurator STOPS and EXITS at the same point of the previous version (during the "Create SQL Server Database" phase)..
    I'm confused... i don't know what i can do...
  • vyankuvyanku Member Posts: 791
    Many times errror is due to wrong design of gl entry cube.
    Delete the previous one and create new cube on gl entry table with different dimention and try again.
    vyanku wrote:
    Delete the previous one and create new cube on gl entry table with different dimention and try again.

Thanks for your suggest vyanku, but the system can't create the cube.
    The error verifies before the cube creation, during the "Create SLQ Server Database" process.

Bah....
  • pradkpradk Member Posts: 89
    Suddenly with me also i've started getting this configurator issue... earlier it was working fine and i tested 7-8 cubes but now am unable to even create one..now it gives error at creating sql database. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
    vyanku wrote:

Vyanku, now i've understood what you were saying last time..
    Then.. how can i configure my cube to avoid configurator crash?
    And... is that the only problem that can cause configurator to crash?

Thanks in advance...
  • vyankuvyanku Member Posts: 791
    You can follow the design of default cube provided in navision.

Many times the designing of cube may cause problem. Dont repeat the same type of values in any cube. like if u select name field in Detail Cust. ledger entry cube then dont take name again in Detail Vend. Ledger entry cube. Take another field like search name.